As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
It’s sweet. It’s salty. It’s oh so good. Strawberry Pretzel Salad is one of my favorite fruit salads or desserts.
It’s strawberry pretzel salad. Or in my case, I used it as a dessert.
tomorrow if you want to win a copy of the cookbook!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
I can also tell you that if you don’t have a food processor, look into getting one. I used my KitchenAid food processor for the crust and the filling. Made it so quick and easy.
Dumped 2 cups of pretzels, a tablespoon of sugar and 3/4 cup of melted butter into the KitchenAid food processor and pulsated for a few seconds. Then dumped the mixture into a 9 x 13 pan.
Bake on 350 for about 8 minutes and then let the crust cool. Wash out that food processor bowl and blade a get ready for the filling.
Put an 8-ounce block of cream cheese that is at room temperature and a thawed cool whip in the food processor with a cup of sugar.
Pulsate a few times till it is all incorporated.
Pour over top of the cooled pretzel crust and get your strawberry topping ready.
Mix 2 cups of boiling water with two packages of strawberry jello. Then pour 20 ounces of sliced frozen strawberries into the mixture. I didn’t have mine completely thawed. This actually helped the jello set up a little. If the strawberries are thawed then pop in the freezer for a few minutes to set up a bit.
Pour over top of the filling and refrigerate till you are ready to serve.
Trust me, everyone will love it! It’s a classic!
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 container of thawed cool whip
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 small packages strawberry jello
- 20 oz. bag of frozen strawberries
- Place pretzels, 1 T. of sugar and melted butter in food processor and pulse until incorporated.
- Press mixture into a 9 x 13 glass pan and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, cool whip and sugar until incorporated.
- Pour over the baked pretzel crust.
- Mix 2 cups of boiling water with the strawberry jello.
- Mix in the frozen strawberries.
- Pour strawberry mixture over the cream cheese mixture and refrigerate until set.
Gooseberry Patch gave Simple Shortcut Recipes to me to review and giveaway. Opinions of recipes are all mine. Associate links were also used.
Check out the weekend potluck!
- Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Honey - September 30, 2020
- English Muffin Egg Cups – Individual Breakfast Casseroles - September 27, 2020
- English Muffin Garlic Toast – Easy Homemade Garlic Bread - September 23, 2020