This easy fresh strawberry berry trifle with angel food cake recipe just combines angel food cake, vanilla pudding & Cool Whip topped with fresh berries to make a light red, white, and blue summer dessert. I know you want a big ole' spoonful of this sweet and yummy goodness my easy fresh berry trifle recipe provides. I can't blame you. I have made it twice in a week. We are all pretty much hooked. And did I mention it is simple to make... semihomemade at its finest! And you can see it can be made two different ways!
How to Make Strawberry Trifle Recipe with Angel food cake
Start with a store-bought angel food cake. A big one or the individual cakes. I found the individual ones at Costco. No pressure and fairly affordable.
For a full 13 x 9 pan, tear the whole cake into bite-size pieces. If you are making it in an eight or nine-inch square pan you probably only need about half the pan.
Or place the individual cakes on a serving platter.
Once the cake is ready, grab a package of instant vanilla pudding and two cups of cold milk. I might have used 1 ½ cups of evaporated milk with an additional ½ cup of milk.
Mix together with pudding mix for two minutes.
Now, if you like cream cheese, add about 4 ounces of softened cream cheese and about ⅔ of a container of cool whip.
I also add a teaspoon of vanilla. I really like the vanilla flavor.
Pour over the angel food cake pieces.
Pop in the fridge for a few minutes to let the pudding mixture set up a little.
Then cover with the remaining cool whip and an additional half a container. This is for a 13 x 9 pan again. If using a square pan, put a little less cool whip in the pudding and use remaining on top. Then begin to add the berries of choice. About 2 cups total of berries.
This a great recipe to make with kids. Little hands are perfect for berry placement.
And it is more fun to eat fresh berries when there is cool whip involved!
This tastes as pretty as it looks. I made it for our bible study group and had not a single serving left. Lick your pan clean goodness.
Fresh Fruit Recipes
Love this dessert, you will also love these fresh fruit recipes too.
Easy Fresh Berry Trifle with angel food cake.
- 1 whole Prepared Angel Food Cake store Bought Or Your Favorite Recipe
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 package Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix 1.5 Oz
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperture
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 12 ounces whip topping 8 Ounce Containers
- 2 cups Fresh Berries strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries Or Combination
- Tear angel food cake into bite size pieces and line the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix cold milk and pudding mix together for 2 minutes. Add cream cheese and mix completely together. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Fold in ⅔ of a container of Cool Whip.
- Pour over angel food cake and refrigerate for at least 5 minutes.
- Use the remaining ⅓ container of Cool Whip and about ½ of the other container of Cool Whip and completely cover the cake and pudding.
- Add berries and refrigerate until ready to serve.