As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For any of you who buy whole or half sides of freezer beef, you know that once in a while you pull out a package of meat and wonder what you are going to do with it. Well, we are getting to the bottom of the freezer and I pulled out two packages of rounds steak. You can’t just Google recipes for round steak I discovered. So, I created a recipe of my own from inspiration from cubed steak recipes. Crock Pot Round Steak with a mushroom cream sauce was a tender beef dish that was perfect served with pasta.
I defrosted them for a bit and sprinkled with steak seasoning. These pieces of round steak were about 3/4 inch thick and folded in half in the package. I seasoning the inside and out.
I thought it was a little thick so I added about a cup of chicken broth but beef would work too. Use what you have.
Then spoon the sauce in the fold and on top of each steak. I stacked one round steak right on top of the other in the crock pot.
I cooked on low for about 8 hours.
The meat was tender and full of flavor. The kids asked for seconds so I would say it was a success.
- 2 1-2 pound beef round steaks
- 2 Tbls. steak seasoning
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 envelope Lipton's Beefy Onion or Onion soup mix
- 1 can of mushrooms or 4 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 c. chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 box of pasta or one box wild rice cooked
- Rub the steak seasoning on both sides of the round steak.
- Mix together soup, sour cream, onion soup mix, mushrooms and broth.
- Spread on all sides of the steak and place the steaks in crock pot on top of each other.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Serve over cooked pasta or rice.
- Cheesy Shepherd’s Pie – Mashed Potato Ground Beef Casserole - February 22, 2020
- Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup – Taco Hamburger and Rice Soup - February 9, 2020
- Whiskey Dogs – Lit’l Smokies Appetizer - February 8, 2020