I love a good sandwich. I especially love a good mini sandwich. My ham sammies on Hawaiian Rolls are becoming very popular. So, much so that I get several requests for a variation for turkey or chicken and also how to make them without mustard. So, in response to those requests, I bring you the mini chicken sandwiches on Hawaiian sweet rolls.
Mini Chicken Sandwich
Start by melting some butter in a hot skillet to brown the butter.
Then I chopped up onion onion very finely with my Pampered Chef food chopper.
Add it to the browned butter and continue to brown till the onions begin to caramelize.
Then gather the rest of your ingredients.
Everyone Needs Bacon
I then stirred in 1 large tomato that I diced up. This is completely optional. If you don't like tomatoes, don't add them.
Then start loading up the goods. Start with deli chicken.
Then sprinkle with bacon.
Layer the cheese on top of the bacon and chicken.
Then top the cheese with the roll tops.
Cover with the extra aluminum foil and bake on 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes till entirely heated through.
Mini Chicken Sandwich
They were awesome. Granted, the next time I make them I will add mustard because, well, I missed the mustard. But I love mustard.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- ½ lb bacon fried and crumbled
- 9 oz. sliced deli chicken
- 1 pkg. King's Hawaiian rolls
- 1 Tbls. sesame seeds
- 1 large tomato diced
- 8 -12 oz. cheese provolone, swiss or monterey jack
- Melt butter and cook until light brown.
- Add onions to butter and cook until soft and lightly caramelized.
- Add the sesame seeds to the onion mixture.
- Stir in tomatoes if you are using them.
- Place bottom half of rolls in an aluminum lined 13 x 9 pan and spread onion mixture over them.
- Layer chicken, then crumbled bacon and cheese and then place top half of rolls on top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until heated through.
What do you have cooking this week for hunk of meat Monday?
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin andPotatoes - May 30, 2023
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
Must try these sandwiches!
Good Morning Leah,
Those little sandwiches look awesome! I am sharing my Ham and Pasta Casserole today. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!
Good Morning, Leah!
Linking up with Chicken Cordon Bleu using Puff Pastry! Oh, and sharing a couple kitchen mishaps.
Thanks for hosting HOMM and have a wonderful week.
Thank you for hosting this linky party! I added my Creamy Cabbage recipe — the only reason I ever have Herbs de Province in my cupboard. Does anyone have another use for Herbs de Province?
I do a different version of those sammies every so often. We LOVE them! Thanks for hosting. I shared Awesome Skillet Fried Chicken Breasts today. Have a great week!
Katie @Pinke Post
YUMMY Leah! Way to get creative and modify your stellar recipe. I love the sesame seeds in these sandwiches. We'll whip them up soon. I opened my new Pioneer Woman cookbook finally and made her breakfast pizza. It's fantastic and I shared it today!
Yum!! Love the idea of switching it up! Although the ham sammies are a favorite! Thanks for sharing on 2 Maids a Baking!
Love your new design!!
Made your mini chicken sandwiches today - super yummy!
i loved your recipe and definitely try but could you please not use aluminum folio it's really really dangerous for your health? I just wanted to take your attention there. Sorry if i'm interfering in..
Thank you for the recipe.
Just made these for a bridal shower and they turned out great! I ended up not using bacon and put a layer of cheese on the bottom because I was making them a few hours before serving. Thanks for the recipe!
I every time used to read paragraph in news papers but now as I am a user of web
thus from now I am using net for content,
thanks to web.