Beer braised crock pot pork carnitas start with a braise in beer and then simmer all day in fajita seasonings and beer before having lots of onions and peppers added into the slow cooker to make the most tender beer braised pork carnitas right at home. Carnitas are the one item on a Mexican restaurant's menu that gets me every single time. I love the slow cook flavors that meld together with the seared meat when they are slow cooked all day together.
Ingredients for Carnitas
I started with a few of my favorite things. Pork loin, beer, and fajita seasoning.
Rub the pork loin with half the fajita seasoning and place into a hot skillet or sauce pan.
Then pour half the bottle of beer into the pan with the pork.
Remove the pork from the pan and place into a crock pot. Pour the remaining beer into the pan to scrape up any meat or flavor bits and pour the beer into the crock pot. Cover the pork with the remaining seasoning as well.
Cook on low in the crock pot for 6-8 hours. When about an hour remains, cut up a bell pepper, onion and garlic.
Also cut up or shred the pork loin. I use my Salad Choppers to chop up the meat.
I stir in the peppers, onions and garlic and let cook on low for another hour or so.
Crock Pot Mexican Recipes
Beer Braised Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- 2 lb Pork Loin or roast
- 1 packet Fajita or Taco Seasoning
- 1 bottle beer
- 1 large bell pepper sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- Rub half of the seasoning mix on the pork loin. Place the pork loin into a hot skillet or sauce pan. Pour half the bottle of beer into the pan. Cook over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes and then flip the pork loin over.
- Remove the pork loin from the the pan and place in a crock pot. Pour any remaining beer into the bottom of the pan to remove any meat or flavor bit. Then pour the beer into the crock pot with the meat. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning over the meat as well. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- With an hour remaining to cook. Cut up meat or pull it apart with fork while in the crock pot. Stir peppers, onions and garlic into the meat and cook for another hour on low.
- Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Potatoes, and Broccoli Recipe - January 1, 2022
- Peanut Butter Pie Recipe - No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie - December 26, 2021
- Sugar Cookie Fudge - Christmas Cookie Fudge - December 19, 2021