As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Since we had a 2 pound piece of pork loin left, I decided to cook it up to make pork carnitas that we could use to make tacos or freeze for later. I love this stuff!
I started with a few of my favorite things. Pork loin, beer, and fajita seasoning.
Rub the pork loin with half the fajita seasoning and place into a hot skillet or sauce pan.
Remove the pork from the pan and place into a crock pot. Pour the remaining beer into the pan to scrape up any meat or flavor bits and pour the beer into the crock pot. Cover the pork with the remaining seasoning as well.
Also cut up or shred the pork loin. I use my Salad Choppers to chop up the meat.
Use immediately or let cool and freeze to use later on for a quick meal.
- 2 lb Pork Loin or roast
- 1 packet Fajita or Taco Seasoning
- 1 bottle beer
- 1 large bell pepper sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- Rub half of the seasoning mix on the pork loin. Place the pork loin into a hot skillet or sauce pan. Pour half the bottle of beer into the pan. Cook over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes and then flip the pork loin over.
- Remove the pork loin from the the pan and place in a crock pot. Pour any remaining beer into the bottom of the pan to remove any meat or flavor bit. Then pour the beer into the crock pot with the meat. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning over the meat as well. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- With an hour remaining to cook. Cut up meat or pull it apart with fork while in the crock pot. Stir peppers, onions and garlic into the meat and cook for another hour on low.
What do you have cooking this week? Link on up to Hunk of Meat Monday!
Affiliate links were used.