As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I cannot resist carnitas, ever. Carnitas = pork deliciousness at a Mexican restaurant. We had pork tacos or Crock Pot Carnitas Tacos at home finally. It was pork heaven!
Crock Pot Pork Carnitas
So, the array of seasonings. Salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, cumin, cinnamon and a beer with a hint of orange.
Mix the seasonings together in a small bowl.
I pressed four cloves of garlic and and rubbed them on both sides of the pork.
I then rubbed the seasonings on both sides of the pork.
Then, I just couldn’t resist. I sprinkled some chipotle tabasco sauce all over. About 8 dashes.
And then I poured the beer over top and turned the crock pot on for 4 hours on high. Came back to beer almost braised pork.
I grabbed a big serving fork to help break it apart.
And then let it cook about 15 minutes longer on low.
I made some guacamole thanks to my friend Heather over at 3 kids and lots of pigs yummy inspiration. I covered my tacos with cheese, gauc and cilantro.
Crock Pot Carnitas
- 3 pound pork roast shoulder, butt, picnic or loin
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bottle of beer I like to use citrus beers like blue moon or a traditional Mexican beer
- 8 dashes of hot sauce optional
- Mix seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Press the garlic or mince finely and rub on both sides of the pork. Rub the seasonings on the pork.
- Place the pork roast in the crock pot and cover with hot sauce and beer.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- After cooking time, shred meat. Let continue to cook on low till ready to eat. Add water if there is no liquid left in the crock pot.
- Serve on taco shells with toppings of your choice or on a salad or on a big bed of tortilla chips.