As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
So this friend of mine (we are friends in my mind) has this pretty amazing baked chicken spaghetti recipe. I decided to see if I could adjust it a bit to make it with ground beef instead of chicken this past week. And it was a successful new dish of baked cheesy beef white spaghetti casserole.
This dish becomes perfect for a weeknight meal if you have some ground beef that has already been browned to pull out of the freezer.
Baked Cheesy Beef White Spaghetti Casserole
Start by getting water going to cook a pound of spaghetti. I used cut spaghetti. If you use regular noodles, break them into three or four parts. While the spaghetti is cooking, finely dice one onion and one bell pepper.
Once the spaghetti noodles are cooked, drain and begin mixing the rest of the ingredients in the pan you cooked the spaghetti. Mix the diced veggies, two cans of cream of mushroom soup and one can of cheddar cheese soup, and 1 cup of shredded Colby-Jack cheese along with the one pound of browned hamburger together. Season with one teaspoon of seasoning salt and pepper to taste. Then stir in spaghetti and pour into a large casserole dish or 13 X 9 pan.
Cover with an additional cup of shredded Colby-Jack cheese.
Bake for 30-35 minutes on 350 degrees until the casserole is bubbly. Next time I make it, I am going to split it in half and freeze one casserole for later. This made enough food for us for at least two meals if not three meals. What do you have cooking this week? Link on up to Hunk of Meat Monday!
Beefy White Spaghetti
- 1 lb browned hamburger
- 1 pound of dry Spaghetti into thirds
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup grated Colby-Jack or cheddar cheese
- 1 finely diced bell pepper
- 1 finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- Salt And Pepper to taste
- 1 cup additional grated Colby-Jack or cheddar cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to directions, drain and set aside.
- Mix beef, soups, 1 cup of cheese, and veggies together. Stir in seasonings and spaghetti noodles. Pour into large casserole dish or separate into two smaller casserole dishes to freeze one casserole for the future.
- Cover with the additional 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes on 350 degrees.
- English Muffin Garlic Toast – Easy Homemade Garlic Bread - September 23, 2020
- Instant Pot Jambalaya - September 19, 2020
- Smoked Mac and Cheese – Over the Top Macaroni and Cheese - September 12, 2020