Speedy Skillet lasagna is a quick lasagna recipe with all the traditional flavors but will be on the table in less than 30 minutes to fill up your hungry family. A few weeks back I made the steak sandwiches out of the Gooseberry Patch Weeknight Dinners Cookbook. This week, the Speedy Skillet Lasagna was a big hit and only dirtied one pan.
How to Make Skillet Lasagna
Start by cooking up a pound of ground beef along with a 1/4 cup of onion and 1/2 cup carrot that are chopped in a Dutch Oven until the meat is no longer pink.
Drain any excess grease and then uncooked pasta along with the remaining ingredients except for the cheese.
Then sprinkle with about 2 cups of Mozzarella or Italian shredded cheese.
Speedy Skillet Lasagna
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 c onion chopped
- 1/2 c carrot chopped
- 1 1/2 c mafalda mini lasagna noodles or other type pasta
- 1 1/2 c water
- 1, 26 ounce jar tomato sauce
- 1/2 t. Italian seasoning
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 T brown sugar
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/2 c or more shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook beef with onion and carrot till meat is no longer pink. Drain any excess grease.
- Stir in uncooked pasta and remaining ingredients except for cream and cheese. Heat till boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce to simmer and cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in half and half to the pasta. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Loving what you are seeing. Checkout the cookbook again this week when I am giving it away for free Beyer Beware.
Gooseberry Patch supplied me with the Weeknight Dinners Cookbook to review. Opinions are mine. Affiliate links were used.