As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to Freeze Sweet Corn
So, at this point, my grandma would blanch the corn. However, my mom discovered a cooler way that successfully preserves the corn as well. Once it is cut, put into freezer quart bags. Try to measure how much you are putting in. I usually do small bags of 2 cups (equivalent to a can of corn) or 3 cups.
The key is in the brine. A brine is one of my favorite things. I use meat brines all the time.The brine for freezer corn is a 1 cup water to 2 teaspoons of sugar to 1 teaspoon of salt. The corn to brine solution should be 2 cups of corn to 1/3-1/2 cup of brine. So, if you have around 10 cups of corn or five bags of sweet corn I would make a brine with 3 cups of water, 6 teaspoons of sugars, and 3 teaspoons of salt. To make the brine, heat the water, sugar, and salt until all sugar and salt are dissolved.
Depending on the amount of corn in each bag do a 4 corn to 1 brine ration. Like I said before I would do 1/3-1/2 cup of brine to two cups of corn. Add the brine to freezer bags. Seal. Freeze. Enjoy all winter long. And now you know how to freeze sweet corn.
Fresh Sweet Corn Recipes
- 10 cups of sweet corn cut off the cob
- 3 cups of water
- 6 teaspoons of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- Place two cups of corn in quart sized freezer bags.
- Heat water and add salt and sugar. When salt and sugar are dissolved, remove from the heat.
- Pour 1/2 cup of brine in each bag of corn.
- Place in freezer immediately.
To alter amounts, the solution is 1 cup water to 2 tsp sugar to 1 tsp salt. The corn to brine ratio is 4 parts corn to 1 part brine.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Latest posts by Leah (see all)
- Cheesy Shepherd’s Pie – Mashed Potato Ground Beef Casserole - February 22, 2020
- Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup – Taco Hamburger and Rice Soup - February 9, 2020
- Whiskey Dogs – Lit’l Smokies Appetizer - February 8, 2020