Got peppers growing like crazy in the garden? Learn how to can banana pepper rings with this easy refrigerator pickled peppers recipe that is made with your mild or hot banana peppers plus salt, sugar, vinegar, and water. While I love eating fresh banana peppers, I also love the jarred banana pepper rings in lots of different recipes all year long.
Easy Refrigerator Pickled Banana Pepper Rings Ingredients
The ingredients for these pickled peppers are very basic. Know, that you can doctor this recipe up as well if you want the peppers to have other flavors infused in the peppers. Here are the base ingredients for this recipe:
- Banana peppers - You can use mild banana peppers or hot banana peppers in this recipe.
- Vinegar - Plain white vinegar is best in this recipe. In a pinch, you could substitute another kind of vinegar but it will alter the flavor.
- Sugar - White sugar. Easy peasy.
- Salt - I used sea salt but standard iodized table salt will work too.
Optional items that can be added to the jar:
- Mustard seeds
- Celery seeds
- Dill weed or seed
How to Can Banana Pepper Rings
To can banana pepper rings, start with several banana peppers. You can use hot or mild banana peppers for this recipe. Slice the peppers up roughly a quarter of an inch or half a centimeter thick. I leave the seeds in the peppers since I was using mild banana peppers.
Fill pint jars with the banana pepper rings. Then pour the salt and sugar over the peppers. If you are adding any add-ins like minced garlic, peppercorns, or celery seeds, add them over the peppers also.
Fill the remainder of the jar with filtered water. Then cap the top of the jar. A metal ring and lid can work just fine. I also like using plastic lids for refrigerator pickles and banana pepper rings. Place in the refrigerator for 24 hours minimum before enjoying it.
- Pickled banana peppers or pickles will be good for up to 10 weeks in the fridge. They may last longer, I just haven't had them last longer than 10 weeks.
- This recipe could also be canned in a hot water bath. Just need to cook them in a hot water bath long enough to completely seal the lid.
- Other vegetables could be used in this recipe such as jalapenos, zucchini, beets, or even okra.
Easy Food Preservation Recipes
Easy Refrigerator Banana Pepper Rings
- 3 banana peppers sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 pint jar with lid seal and ring
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 2 teaspoon dill seed
- ¼ onion sliced
- Place sliced peppers into a pint sized jar.
- Top with salt, sugar, and any other add-ins you are using. Salt and sugar is enough though.
- Pour vinegar until jar is ⅓ full.
- Fill remainder with water.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.