As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love when whole pork loins go on sale for insanely low prices like $1.88 per pound. Especially when pork chops are selling for $3.25 per pound. After all pork chops are just sliced pork loins. I stock up on the pork loin when I hit a sale. In the summer I can get tons of flavor from my herb garden landscape to make a juicy garlic and herb crusted grilled pork loin.
I normally try to get a four to five-pound pork loin. That way I can cut it in half, cook one and freeze one. The pig that keeps on giving.
To do a quick and easy rub you need to gather a combination of herbs. I love sage with pork as well as thyme, basil, parsley and oregano. Use what you have though. And then finely chop.
Combine the crushed garlic, herbs, oil and vinegar and rub on the pork loin. Wrap the pork loin in saran wrap and place in a shallow dish. I let the pork marinade for about an hour while I ran after kids and their activities. I then grilled the pork loin on 325-350 degree grill for about 25 minutes. Remember, you only have to cook to 145 degrees. Then rest your meat for several minutes. And don’t be afraid of a little pink in your pork!
For anyone who has been afraid to grill a pork loin, go for it. Keep the heat low, indirect if possible, and keep an eye on the internal temp. Have a great Hunk of Meat Monday!!
Grilled Pork Recipes
Garlic Herb Crusted Grilled Pork Loin
- 1, 2-3 pound pork loin
- 1 cup herbs finely chopped - Sage, Parsley, Thyme, Oregano, Basil
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine herbs, garlic, olive oil, vinegar and salt and pepper.
- Place pork loin on saran wrap and then coat with herb marinade.
- Wrap in saran wrap and place in shallow dish. Marinade for 30-60 minutes.
- Unwrap loin and grill on 325-350 degrees for 25 minutes or internal temp of 145 degrees. Flip loin one time.
- Rest meat for several minutes before slicing.