As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You know when you have a way to save time in the kitchen, but don’t yell it from the the mountaintops because you think your friends already know it? Well, that happened to me recently. A few of us were sitting around when one of my friends said “Thank goodness someone told me about Leah’s secret of making browned meat from frozen meat in seven minutes in the microwave.” Which was no big deal until another friend said, “Yeah, and I am also glad she told me how to cook pasta in the microwave.” My serets to quick meals on busy nights is all wrapped up in how to microwave pasta and ground beef.
Blank stares from those who most not know about my secrets. My secret weapon more specifically.
It’s a simple little thing.
On the nights when you have to literally throw dinner together in 15 minutes because you have soccer or ballet or chores or cross country or corn to harvest or just no energy. You need a secret weapon.
How to Microwave Pasta and Ground Beef
How to Microwave Ground Beef
You can microwave ground meat that is froze solid in two increments of three and a half minutes that result in browned meat.
But you are still wondering on how to microwave pasta aren’t you? There is a small are to the pasta. I normally do a cup and a half of water and pasta into the large micro cooker. For most pasta I just double the cook time. So, if it takes 5-6 minutes to boil to al dente, I cook on high in the microwave for 11 minutes.
Most times the pasta will absorb all the water, but if not go ahead and dump the extra water out before adding the cheese, milk and butter for mac and cheese. I mean, after all what else do you make with pasta?
What are your secret tips or recipes for the nights you are on the go?
I am participating in Indiana’s Family of Farmers Table Talk Series and received a gift in exchange for my participation.
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Microwave Mac and Cheese
- 1.5 cups uncooked pasta
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4-8 ounces of velveeta cubed or shredded
- salt and pepper
- Crumbled bacon
- Place pasta and water in micro cooker and cook for 4-5 minutes longer than the box stated boil time on high. Check pasta and cook longer if not cooked to al dente. Add more water if necessary.
- Drain any excess water. Add butter, milk and cheese and microwave in 30 second increments till cheese is melted.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste. Serve with crumbled bacon on top.
- English Muffin Egg Cups – Individual Breakfast Casseroles - September 27, 2020
- English Muffin Garlic Toast – Easy Homemade Garlic Bread - September 23, 2020
- Instant Pot Jambalaya - September 19, 2020