Crock Pot Sausage Queso dip easy 3-ingredient cheesy sausage Rotel dip that you can have ready in two hours for an easy Mexican dip everyone will love. If I had to eat only one cuisine the rest of my life, I would pick Mexican. Or Tex-Mex. Or America's version of Mexican.
Sausage Queso Ingredients
This three-ingredient crock pot sausage queso rotel dip would be a staple in my dream life. Humans can live on cheese, tomatoes, and sausage alone.
You just need three ingredients. And for flavor's sake, I throw in the fourth ingredient.
- Sausage - Spicy sausage is our favorite in this recipe. you can also just buy ground pork and add adobo seasoning to the pork.
- Velveeta Cheese - either the white queso or the regular American cheese Velveeta is what you need to make this sausage cheese dip come to life.
- Rotel - A can of rotel is the easiest way to make this queso dip. However, you can also just use a can of tomatoes and a can of chilis.
- Adobo Seasoning - The Penzey's or Goya adobo seasoning is our favorite. Taco seasoning will work in this taco dip as well.
Additional add-ins to make this Mexican sausage cheese dip even better could be cream of mushroom soup or a block of cream cheese. I have made this recipe with either one of these added to the mix, and it was fantastic.
How to Make Crock Pot Sausage Queso
I love the Adobo Seasoning from Penzey's. It isn't as salty as traditional taco seasoning yet it packs flavor into the meat. And now back to those three ingredients.I start with 16 ounces of Velveeta Queso Blanco. If you can't find it, use regular Velveeta.
I chunk the Velveeta, drop it in a crock pot set to low and pour one can of Rotel over top. Don't like heat, just use a 10 ounce can of diced tomatoes. While the mixture is heating up, I brown ground pork that has adobo seasoning in it. Then add the browned pork over top. Stir to combine and let warm up for the next hour till all the cheese is melted. Move to warm if your crock pot has that setting. No need to burn the cheese!
Want a change up in your queso craving? Then try the crock pot corn and sausage queso dip. You will be BLOWN away with this simple changeup in a favorite recipe.
Watch the how-to make Crock Pot Sausage Queso Dip
If you want the summer time version of crock pot queso, You have to try the Smoked Queso Dip - Sausage Queso on the Grill. It is our obsession all summer long. It definitely has been our main meal more than once!
Crock Pot Dip Recipes
Crock Pot Sausage Queso Dip
- 16 ounces Velveeta Queso Blanco or regular
- 10 ounce can of Rotel or diced tomatoes
- 1 lb ground pork beef or turkey
- 2 teaspoon Adobo seasoning or taco seasoning to taste optional if not using seasoned sausage
- Cube cheese and add to crock pot set to low. Pour Rotel over top.
- Brown meat with seasoning. Drain any extra grease and pour over cheese and tomatoes.
- Cook on low for one hour or till all cheese is melted. Turn crock pot to keep warm.
- Serve with tortilla chips.