Cheesy garlic and brown sugar pork chops are a simple pork chops recipe cooked in the oven in under 30 minutes for an easy weeknight meal. The only thing that may have made these cheesy garlic and brown sugar pork chops better is a splash of bourbon. Inspired by the garlic brown sugar chicken recipe I make, these pork chops were a delicious and easy pork chop recipe.
These pork chops bake in 30 minutes or less making it a great recipe for a busy weeknight.
Cheesy Garlic and Brown Sugar Pork Chop Ingredients
I mentioned this pork chop recipe was easy. There are just six ingredients and then salt and pepper.
Picking the best pork chops is key to this recipe. Pick a thick cut pork chop. What does thick cut pork chop mean? Pick out a pork chop that is at least an inch thick. OR you can buy a whole pork loin and cut the pork to the thickness of your liking. Didn't know pork chops came from the pork loin? Now you know!
How to Make Cheesy Brown Sugar Pork Chops
Season each side of the pork chops with brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper with a dash of paprika and follow up with a drizzle of butter over the top of the pork chops. Use plenty of butter. Fat is flavor. Butter is fat. Therefore, butter is a flavor conductor. It will run off and be left behind in the pan, but those pork chops will be juicy thanks to the butter.
Bake the pork chops on 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or till the pork chops have an internal temp of 155. Don't bake these pork chops too long. Baking too long can cause them to be dried out. Remember you want your pork to be pink in the middle for the best flavor. Then sprinkle with Colby-Jack cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes till cheese is completely melted.
Enjoy the cheesy brown sugar and garlic pork chops with your favorite barbecue sauce. Or not. I ate them plain. There is plenty of flavor in these garlic and brown sugar pork chops, trust me. And of course, they would pair nicely with a bourbon and coke.
Want to make these in the crock pot? No fear, I have made them in the crock pot too.
Easy Pork Chop Recipes
Cheesy Garlic and Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup shredded Colby-jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rub both sides of pork chops with garlic and brown sugar. Place in a square baking dish and drizzle butter over top. Sprinkle with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Bake on 350 for 20-25 minutes or till internal temperature is 155 degrees.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for another five minutes.
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021