As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How to make slime – Seems simple, right? My daughter is obsessed with slime. Seriously, how much can we spend on slime? So, this weekend, thanks to google and some leftover bottles of glue we have been playing with glue all weekend long. Here is a tutorial video on how my daughter makes slime at our house. You are so very welcome!
Our Go-To Slime Recipe
There are many slime recipes on the internet. This is my daughter’s go-to slime recipe when she is making slime. This is the borax version slime recipe. It seems to be the best and longest-lasting slime. Add-ins can also be added to this slime recipe like foam beads or glitter if you let glitter in the house.
Slime Recipe Brought to you by Maddie
If you want to print the directions you can print the slime recipe below. Maddie shows you the step by step on how to make this slime and what the slime should look like at each phase in the video. We were lost the first few times we made slime. Hopefully this will help you be successful and confident in making slime.
Lots of food coloring options, so be sure to have lots of colors. You don’t want your kids to get bored with just four colors of slime!
Looking for more options for crafts and activities to do with your kids?
Check out some of these great ideas.
How to Make Slime
How to make slime with a video tutorial - This is a fun activity to with the kids in your life. Slime is easy to make and provides hours of fun.
- In one bowl combine glue and 1/2 cup of the water. Stir to combine. Add food coloring if desired to have slime other color than white.
- In another larger bowl combine 1 teaspoon of Borax with 1 cup of water. Dissolve borax.
- Slowly pour glue and water mixture into Borax water. Whisking to combine.
- Pour any excess water off being sure to not let slime glob run out.
- Knead with hands to finish combining.
- The slime gets smoother with time as the ingredients combine together.
- Store in sealed container.