Keto Taco soup combines hamburger or sausage, cream cheese, and Rotel with seasoning and breath for a low-carb Mexican meal. This keto soup recipe is literally like queso dip you can eat with a spoon without judgment. Whether you are eating low-carb, gluten-free, or a keto diet, this crock pot low-carb taco soup is sure to leave all loving it regardless of if you are on a diet or not.
I love easy recipes that don't take a ton of steps, dishes, or hard to find ingredients. I think this is why I was drawn to a simple taco soup recipe. This crock pot low carb taco soup needs five simple ingredients and a few hours simmering to give you an amazing soup for lunch or supper. But if you are short on time or an Instant Pot user over a crockpot, I have the Instant Pot Low-Carb Taco Soup too.
Five ingredients. Well, five if you lump spices into one ingredient. Here is the thing with this soup, use the seasonings you like. But here is the base ingredients.
- Ground Pork
- Cream Cheese
- Chicken Broth
- Taco Seasonings
How to make Low-Carb Crock Pot Taco Soup
Start by browning sausage. I recommend a combination of hot sausage or ground pork with hamburger. You can easily use breakfast sausage in this or even all ground beef. While the meat is browning, fill your crock pot with cream cheese, Rotel and taco seasonings of your choice.
When it comes to taco seasonings, I made up my own with garlic salt, adobo seasoning, and chipotle pepper powder. You could use just taco seasoning in your meat like you are making tacos. However, check the carb count if you are a carb counter!
Mix the browned meat into the cheese, Rotel, and seasoning and spices you had to a crock pot set to high. Stir to combine and then pour in chicken broth. You may want to add a little broth at a time to determine how thin you like your soup. Cook on high for two to three hours or low for four to six hours.
As one of my friends who tried this recipe said, it is like soupy queso! Seriously, does life get any better than eating queso with a spoon and getting away with it. Besides being full of cream cheese, I went ahead and topped with shredded cheese and stirred in some dried cilantro before serving. If you have fresh cilantro, feel free to use fresh too. If you have people not trying to be low-carb, go ahead and let them use tortilla chips too.
Watch how to make Crock Pot Low Carb Taco Soup
If you love this recipe, don't miss out on the Instant Pot Low-Carb Taco Soup too.
Keto and Low-Carb Dieting Tips and Recipes
Just starting on the adventure of low-carb dieting? Here are a few of our tips, meal plans, and recipes.
Crock Pot Low-Carb Taco Soup
- 2 lbs ground pork beef or sausage
- 2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese
- 2 10-ounce cans of Rotel
- 2 Tablespoons of taco seasonings
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1-2 tablespoons of Cilantro - fresh or dried optional
- ½ cup shredded cheese for garnish optional
- Brown ground meat till fully cooked.
- While meat is browning, place cream cheese, Rotel, and taco seasoning into crock pot.
- Drain any grease off of meat and put meat in the crock pot. Stir to combine with cheese and Rotel.
- Pour chicken broth over meat and cheese.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Before serving stir in cilantro.
- Garnish with shredded cheese.
Other Low-Carb Soup Recipes
Affiliate links were used in this post. A percentage of anything purchased from these links comes back to me.
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021