Crock Pot French onion beef sliders recipe is a shredded French onion beef roast made with canned French onion soup, onions, butter and beef broth used to make cheesy sliders on Hawaiian rolls. I know I am probably a little obsessed with little King’s Hawaiian rolls. But they are just the perfect roll for hand held sandwiches. So, when it is time to prepare the food for a party or tailgate, nothing beats these rolls. Of course, they were my go-to when I made these Crock Pot French Onion Beef Sliders.
This crock pot beef roast recipe can be a perfect arm roast or chuck roast recipe. Simple yummy flavors that meld together like God intended them to for these roast beef sliders.
The basic ingredients you will need to make this French onion beef roast:
- beef roast – chuck roast, rump roast, arm roast
- can of Campbell’s French onion soup
Then to make the French onion beef into the juicy, cheesy sliders you will also need the following ingredients:
- Hawaiian rolls
- swiss cheese
How to Make Crock Pot French Onion Beef Sliders
Begin by covering the bottom of your crock pot with sliced onions and four tablespoons of butter.
Isn’t that so pretty? At this point, I have the crock pot on high to let the onions and butter start making magical flavors only onions and butter can make. Once the butter is melted, I place the chuck roasts on the onions and cover with French Onion Soup and eight tablespoons of butter.
Then, I simply turned the heat down to low, and let the beef and onions do their thing. Fast forward to some fall apart beef roasts.
I cut the rolls in half leaving the bottoms and tops still connected. This lets me make the sandwiches more quickly. Once the beef is all spread out over the roll bottoms, I top with provolone or swiss cheese slices. The meat is so hot the cheese melts quickly.
Don’t worry, you can make these as fast as they eat them. The beautiful thing is you can have a reserve package of these sandwiches made and staying warm in a casserole crock pot too. You never want to be without your sliders!
Hawaiian Roll Sandwiches
Crock Pot French Onion Shredded Beef Sliders
- 2 sweet onions sliced
- 4-5 pounds beef chuck roast
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 can French Onion Soup
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 24 Hawaiian Rolls
- 12 slices Swiss Cheese
- Place sliced onions in the bottom of a crock pot set to high. Place 4 tablespoons of butter over onions. Let get hot until butter melts.
- Place beef chuck roasts on top of onions and melted butter.
- Place 8 tablespoons of butter over the roasts and pour French Onion Soup over roasts and butter.
- Liberal season the roasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Turn temperature down to low on the crock pot. Cover and cook for 8-12 hours.
- Once cooked, tear beef apart and stir to combine the beef and onions.
- Cut the rolls in half seperating the bottom of the rolls in one large section, leaving the tops of the rolls in one large section.
- Put drained beef and onions on the roll bottoms. Top with slices of cheese. Cover with roll tops.
- Serve immediately.
Get other great recipes at the Weekend Potluck.