If you haven’t started making pasta in your Instant Pot, start with this Instant Pot mac and cheese with ham. Whether you are using leftover ham or buy ham just for this recipe, this is a quick and easy complete meal your kids will not fight with you about. After all, who doesn’t love a good ooey-gooey mac and cheese?
Instant Pot mac and cheese with ham is a quick dinner recipe using three kinds of cheese and leftover ham that is done in under 15-minutes and all cooked in the Instant Pot. This recipe easily can just be a regular Instant Pot mac and cheese recipe with the omission of the ham. Either way, it is my go-to way of making homemade mac and cheese.
The constant churn of feeding a teenage boy can make me feel all I am doing is constantly cooking. I am always looking for quick and filling recipes to make when the bottomless pit cannot be satisfied. This Instant Pot Mac and Cheese with Ham is just one of those quick and easy dinner ideas or snacks I need to be able to make on a minute’s notice.
The base ingredients for this recipe are the same as my standard Instant Pot pasta recipe.
- Better than Bouillon Roasted Chicken
I am still obsessed with my Instant Pot 8-quart Ultra which is the one I used for this recipe. Along with the butter, Better than Bouillon and water to cook the pasta, I used a combination of the following to make the mac and cheese:
- three kinds of shredded cheese – Mozzarella, Cheddar Jack or Colby Jack
- Evaporated Milk
- Diced Ham
Begin by putting a pound of pasta in the Instant Pot with four cups of water, two tablespoons of butter and a tablespoon of Better than Bouillon. Cook on high pressure for four minutes and then do quick release the Instant Pot. Then add the evaporated milk and cheeses along with the ham to the pot.
Stir to combine the cheese and the milk with the pasta. Keep the Instant Pot on warm to help aid in the melting of the cheeses. It won’t take long for the cheese to melt and blend into a flavorful mac and cheese.
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese with Ham
- 1 pound macaroni
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Better than Bouillon, roasted chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces evaporated milk, 1 can
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cheddar jack cheese
- 1/2 pound cubed ham
- In the Instant Pot, combine the macaroni, water, butter, and Better than Bouillon. Set the Instant Pot to four minutes on high pressure and lock on the lid. Start the Instant Pot.
- When the Instant Pot is done cooking, quick release the Instant Pot. Keep the pot on warm.
- Add the evaporated milk, cheeses, and ham to the Instant Pot. Stir the cheeses to melt and combine with the pasta. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Serve immediately.
Shared on Weekend Potluck.