As if I wasn’t obsessed enough with my Instant Pot, the making of Instant Pot pasta has made me devoted user of the Instant Pot. I have made macaroni, spaghetti, thin spaghetti, and shells in the Instant Pot. Each time I make pasta in the Instant Pot I fall more in love with using it for making pasta. How to make pasta in the Instant Pot is so simple you will want to save these directions until you have them memorized.
Regardless of the type of pasta, the methodology is the same. To make 8 ounces of pasta you will need 1 cup of broth and 1 tablespoon of butter. I use water with Better than Bouillon rather than broth, but the same methodology is in place for cooking the pasta.
For the cooking time for the pasta, you cut the time in half in the cooking directions and subtract one minute. So, for pasta whose directions say 9-11 minutes, I cut 10 minutes in half and subtract one minute. It will cook for 4 minutes on high pressure.
Now, the pasta like this thin spaghetti is ready for whatever you are making. I tend to make macaroni and cheese or cheesy spaghetti. If you want to make a cheesy spaghetti, go ahead and add milk or cream, parmesan, and mozzarella cheese to the Instant Pot Pasta.
Mix the cheese and cream into the pasta and you are ready to serve. I serve this pasta with a great grilled chicken, baked brown sugar and garlic chicken or even these pan-fried pork chops. The cheesy spaghetti pasta is a great side dish that my kids literally could eat their weight in.
I totally recommend using an Instant Pot Ultra. It has more settings and has been my preferred Instant Pot between the Ultra and Duo.
How to make pasta in the Instant Pot
- 8 ounces pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth or water and Better than Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon butter
To Make Cheesy Spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In an Instant Pot, add the pasta, broth, and butter. Make sure the pasta is completely covered with water.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set to high-pressure cooking for 4 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done with the cooking, quick release until the lid is depressurized.
To make cheesy spaghetti pasta
- Add the cream or milk, parmesan, and mozzarella to the Instant Pot set to warm. Stir to combine until cheese is melted. Season with garlic salt.