Cajun chicken alfredo with smoked sausage combines air fryer grilled chicken with andouille sausage pan sauteed in a skillet with garlic before being combined with a creamy parmesan cajun alfredo sauce. This is a great cajun recipe that is quickly made on a busy weeknight thanks to air frying the chicken and cooking the pasta in the Instant Pot. It will quickly become your family's favorite dinner recipe.
For an easy and quick recipe, this cajun alfredo has a gourmet feel as you plate up the dinner for your family. This is a spicy chicken alfredo recipe that can easily be altered to bring less heat yet plenty of flavors. Cajun chicken alfredo is taken up a notch when you slice up smoked sausage and saute it for extra flavor. These flavors come together for a rich and creamy chicken and smoked sausage alfredo.
Cajun Chicken Alfredo Ingredients
The ingredients for this recipe are similar to many of my favorite recipes involving pasta and smoked sausage. The pasta dish is made with these simple ingredients.
- Chicken breasts
- Smoked sausage or Andouille sausage
- Fettucine, Linguine, or Spaghetti
- Cajun and creole seasoning
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian blend cheese
- Better Than Bouillon
How to Make Quick and Easy Cajun Alfredo Pasta
To make this delicious alfredo you will start by making grilled chicken breasts with cajun seasoning. I used the Ninja Foodi Grill to make the grilled chicken.
While the chicken is grilling, saute smoked sausage cut into rounds. It will start to caramelize on the bottom of the pan. This will enhance the smoky and cajun flavors.
When the smoked sausage is browned on both sides of the rounds, remove it from the pan. Set aside and add the minced garlic to the pan. Continue to saute the garlic and add better than bouillon followed by water to deglaze the pan.
While the smoked sausage and garlic are sauteing, cook the pasta. I always cook my pasta in the Instant Pot. Then as the bits of the flavor deglaze, you can add the cream and cheese to make the creamy cajun alfredo sauce.
As the sauce comes to a slow boil, dump the cooked pasta into the alfredo sauce. Then slice the grilled chicken and add it as well as the smoked sausage to the pasta.
Stir the chicken and smoked sausage together before serving. Go ahead and garnish with a bit more parmesan cheese. More parmesan cheese never hurt anyone.
Easy Pasta Recipes
Cajun Smoked Sausage and Chicken Alfredo
- 1 lb breasts or thighs
- 1 pound smoked sausage
- 16 ounces fettuccine, linguine, or spaghetti
- 3 teaspoons cajun or creole seasoning divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Better than Bouillon Chicken Flavors
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces Italian Cheese Blend
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese optional
- Coat the chicken in two teaspoons of the cajun seasoning. Then grill or saute the chicken until fully cooked to 165°. Set aside to rest.
- Cook the pasta according to the cooking instructions or in your Instant Pot.
- In a large skillet, add the smoked sausage sliced into rounds. Saute on both sides and then remove from pan and let rest with the chicken.
- Add the garlic to the skillet. Saute for a minute or two in the sausage grease. Then stir in the Better than Bouillon. Slowly pour the water into the skillet to deglaze. Next, slowly add heavy cream, heat till just bubbling. Stir in the additional teaspoon of cajun seasoning, parmesan cheese, and shredded Italian blend cheese.
- Pour the cooked pasta into the alfredo sauce. Stir the noodles into the sauce.
- Slice the chicken and it to the pasta with smoked sausage. Add to the pasta. Stir to combine.
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021