My kids love some good chicken alfredo. When we were hosting a swim club party at our house, I decided I would try to make crock pot creamy chicken spaghetti just to make my life easier as we got closer to party time and people started arriving. Let me tell you, this recipe did not disappoint. Even my nonchicken eating husband said it was good!
Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
The base of the recipe is a simple creamy chicken recipe which is also made in the crock pot. Start by putting five pounds of chicken breasts in the bottom of a crock pot and then season with a packet of Italian seasoning and then drowned in heavy cream and butter. You heard me, heavy cream and butter. Dairy fat is one of my favorite kind of fats.
I cooked the chicken on high for four hours and then separated apart with large forks to shred the chicken. Stir the chicken into the creamy broth in preparation for the spaghetti noodles. I just used regular spaghetti. I am sure you can use any pasta you have on hand including angel hair or fettucini. I just have not tried it with these noodles.
Break the spaghetti in half and add to the shredded chicken. Cover with broth or water and continue cooking on high for 15 minutes.
After the noodles have softened to stir, stir in more seasoning, cream of chicken, cream of cheddar and cream cheese into the chicken and pasta mixture.
Then, let cook for another 30 minutes. Let me just tell you that you can cook it for longer on low or even warm, just make sure you keep adding more liquid to keep it creamy.
Go ahead and garnish with parmesan cheese or shredded Italian cheese.
The sign of a good recipe is when people text you post-event and ask for it or when kids tell their mom to get the recipe for this one. Proof this crock pot creamy chicken spaghetti is a recipe for all to try.
Save the Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Spaghetti Recipe
Crock Pot Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
- 5 pounds chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 envelopes Italian Dressing Seasoning Mix
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1.5 pounds spaghetti noodles broken in half
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of cheddar soup
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese divided
- Place chicken breasts in the crock pot. Pour one envelope of Italian seasoning over chicken followed by heavy cream. Top each piece of chicken with a pat of butter. Cook on high for four hours
- When chicken is cooked, shredded chicken in the crock pot with forks. Stir into the creamy broth.
- Top with dry spaghetti noodles and pour chicken broth over top noodles to just cover. Add more water if needed.
- Cook for fifteen minutes to just soften the noodles. Stir in cream cheese, ½ cup of parmesan cheese, soups, and remaining Italian seasoning envelope.
- Cook on low for an additional half an hour to hour till cream cheese is completely melted.
- Keep on low until ready to serve. Additional water may be needed the longer it sets in the warm crock pot.
Go ahead and give the recipe a try.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
could you freeze the leftovers? (if there is any 😉
Can you do it in s pressure cooker?
Ended up making this in 2 sessions because my crockpot isn’t big enough to hold all that! The first night the spaghetti in the center got stuck together and was kind of gummy, and I thought it was a little bland. The second night I stirred more frequently to prevent the gummy pasta and added some red pepper flakes and crumbled bacon pieces. It made all the difference!