Alfredo anything has my family cheering at the dinner table, especially when it is this chicken tortellini alfredo with broccoli recipe. I love this recipe because between my super easy 15-minute alfredo sauce, air fryer chicken, and quick cooking refrigerator tortellini, this recipe is on the dinner table in under 30 minutes. Chicken tortellini alfredo with broccoli is cheese-filled pasta mixed with grilled chicken and broccoli and then smothered with a creamy alfredo sauce. It is the ultimate comfort food.
This cheese tortellini recipe is not a light recipe. It is hearty and filling, perfect for starving kids after a full day of school and sports practices. Plus, it has vegetables in it too with the broccoli I cook right with the tortellini. Broccoli and chicken tortellini alfredo is basically health food.
My sausage tortellini soup has gotten me to love cheese tortellini. My other alfredo recipes like cajun chicken and sausage alfredo and bow tie pasta with chicken and peppers are also easily made with alfredo sauce and gave me inspiration for this post
Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Ingredients
We love alfredo tortellini so much I always have one or two packages of cheese tortellini in the fridge at all times. Here are the ingredients you need to make one of our family's favorite weeknight meals.
- Cheese Tortellini - Refrigerator cheese tortellini works best for speed. The dried tortellini can work, too, but they will take longer to cook.
- Chicken - Boneless, skinless chicken thighs are my go-to chicken buys. They cook faster than chicken breasts and have more flavor. If you prefer chicken breasts, those work just fine in this recipe too.
- Italian Dressing - Olive Garden Italian dressing is my favorite Italian marinade. It works so well in this recipe. Any Italian dressing can work.
- Broccoli - One large head of broccoli cut to just be bite sized florets. If you buy already cut broccoli, that works too. If you don't like broccoli, leave this out. Also free to substitute peas, carrots, and spinach too.
- Easy Alfredo Sauce - My homemade alfredo sauce with cream cheese is made wth butter, garlic, cream, cream, cheese, and parmesan cheese. It is so quick to make and so good as the sauce for this alfredo tortellini.
- Mozzarella Cheese - Shredded mozzarella cheese or even Italian blend shredded cheese work to make this dish even more cheesyl
See recipe card for quantities.
How to make chicken tortellini alfredo?
The great thing about this tortellini recipe is you can have multiple things cooking at one time to make this recipe a quick meal. However, the bad thing about this recipe is you will have multiple dirty dishes.
Start by marinating chicken in Italian dressing for 30 minutes. Then grill or baked chicken thighs or breast with a simple seasoning. I use my air fryer to make chicken fast.
Boil water to cook the cheese tortellini and broccoli florets in. Reserve a cup of water when the tortellini is done cooking.
Meanwhile, quickly make the easy alfredo sauce in a larger Dutch oven that all the ingredients can fix.
Drain the tortellini and broccoli and add them to the alfredo sauce along with the shredded cheese. Add reserved water from cooking pasta to pot if more liquid is needed.
Slice cooked chicken and add to the alfredo sauce, tortellini and chicken. Stir the chicken into the alfredo sauce. Keep a very low heat on to melt the cheese.
Hint: Use a glass measuring cup to scoop out a bit of the water used to cook the tortellini and broccoli. Reserve and add to the alfredo sauce if the mixture is too dry.
Variations to Chicken Alfredo Tortellini
While Chicken alfredo tortellini with broccoli is a pretty amazing meal
- Vegetarian - Don't add the chicken and you have a great Broccoli Alfredo Tortellini.
- White Macaroni and Cheese - Substitute macaroni elbows for the tortellini for white macaroni and cheese. This would be great with the chicken and broccoli or without it too.
- Fettuccine Alfredo - If you are looking for the traditional fettucini alfredo recipe, then this alfredo recipe will work for that too. Make the fettuccine noodles, alfredo sauce, and add cheese. Once again the chicken and broccoli are also great with fettuccine noodles.
See this spicy smoked sausage, chicken and fettuccine recipe on my website!
Must have Chicken Equipment
Obviously, pots and pans are needed for this. If you are looking for a way to make grilled chicken in your kitchen and make it fast, then I highly recommend getting a Ninja Grill and Air Fryer. Here are some of go-to kitchen tools I love.
These leftovers are great reheated for lunch or dinner the next day.
- Refrigerate the leftover cheesy tortellini in an airtight glass or plastic container for up to three days.
- Freezing the leftover alfredo tortellini is not recommended. This tortellini alfredo doesn't stand up well to freezing once it is completely cooked.
- Reheating the tortellini is easy, however, add a splash of milk to the pasta before reheating it in thirty seconds increments in the microwave.
Alfredo inspired recipes
All the alfredo lovers will love what we have to offer here. We love pasta with a white sauce and these alfredo inspired recipes will be sure to be favorites.
Yes - alfredo tortellini is great baked too. You can make the recipe as is, and dump in a 13 X 9 pan. Then cover with another cup of mozzarella cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Chicken Tortellini Alfredo with Broccoli
- Large Dutch Oven
- Ninja Grill
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 Cup Italian Dressing
Easy Alfredo Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- Marinade the chicken for 30 minutes and grill on indoor grill or bake in oven until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- While the chicken cooks, boil the water to cook the tortellini and broccoli. Cook for 4 minutes or according to package directions. Reserve a cup of the water before draining off when tortellini and broccoli are cooked.
- In a large dutch oven, make the alfredo sauce by melting the butter and saute the garlic. Then add the cream, cream cheese, and parmesan cheese. Remove from heat.
- Slice the cooked chicken and add to the alfredo sauce. Drain the tortellini and broccoli and also add to the alfredo sauce. Add the mozzarella cheese and stir to combine.
- Turn on burner on low heat until cheese is melted. Add reserved water if more liquid is needed.l
We sometimes take for a granted that we have years (or decades) of cooking experience, that the average visitor may not. Add to, or remove from, the list below with health and safety tips.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove
See more guidelines at USDA.gov.
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
- Bourbon Peach Slab Pie - Peach Pie Bars 🍑 🥧 - April 1, 2023
Leave a Reply