Grilled chicken no longer has to be dry and tough with this simple method for how to make the best grilled chicken recipe with boneless, skinless chicken thighs and honey garlic seasoning. I am almost embarrassed how easy this recipe is but it is literally the chicken my kids ask for regularly now. So since I make the absolute best-grilled chicken now, I had to share my methods.
Don't be surprised by the two, yes, 2 ingredients to make this amazing and juicy grilled chicken. There are a few extras you could add if you want to change up the flavors every now and thin but this honey garlic grilled chicken will be a game-changer for you grill masters.
Ingredients for the Best Grilled Chicken
The true secret to the best grilled chicken is to stop using chicken breasts. Just stop. I know you are like but they are low in fat. People, this is why you have dry chicken. Fat is flavor and juice factor. So please stop.
For the best-grilled chicken you just need these two ingredients:
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs - You can also use bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, drumsticks, breasts, or wings. The skin will add the fat needed to make the chicken juicy. FAT IS REQUIRED.
- Honey Garlic Seasoning - This seasoning has changed my life. It is sweet with a hint of heat. I have gone through bottles of it this year. I use it for everything from chicken to pork to vegetables. I am able to find it Sam's club regularly.
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional) - This is only if you want to bring the heat. I love spicy food and sometimes toss in a half a teaspoon of red pepper flakes to the seasoning.
To make this easy grilled chicken recipe, begin by liberally seasoning both sides of your chicken. Then let sit for 15 to 20 minutes or your grill gets hot. I have a Big Green Egg so sometimes it takes it a minute to get to 350°.
Once the heat of the grill is between 350-400, place your chicken on the grill, laying the thighs out completely flat.
I cook the chicken for 5 minutes then flip the chicken. Since the boneless chicken thighs are fairly thin, they cook much faster than chicken breasts as well. After another five minutes, check the temperature of the chicken to make sure it is at 160°.
Remove the chicken and let rest for five minutes to make sure the juices stay in the chicken instead of running out when you cut into the chicken.
That is it people. This is truly the easiest chicken recipe.
Tips for Making the Best Chicken on the Grill
- Do not cook all the way to your doneness. I remove the chicken from the grill at a temperature 5° below what my goal temperature for the chicken temperature is. The chicken will continue to cook when removed.
- Control your flipping. The more you flip your meat the more you will flip juices that run out off into the grill. One flip people. Put the chicken on and just flip it one time.
- Let it rest. Just like flipping causes juices to exit the chicken so does sticking a knife into it right after you pull the chicken off the grill. Let it rest.
Grilled Chicken Recipes
The Best Grilled Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon honey garlic seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- Season the chicken with the honey garlic seasoning plus red pepper flakes if you are using it, and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Start your grill and get the grill to 350-400 degrees. When hot place the chicken on the grill laid flat out.
- After five minutes, flip the chicken. After another 5 minutes, check the temperature. When the chicken reaches 160°, remove from the grill.
- Let rest for five minutes before serving.
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021