As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Once in a while I accidentally make a really great recipe. This 7-Up lemon pepper grilled chicken was just that, an accident. But, this accident can happen anytime at my house if it means juicy, grilled chicken breasts.
The problem with accidental recipes is no step by step photos because I had no intention of blogging this recipe. At all. But then my kids took one look at my chicken I had made and ditched the cheeseburgers I had made for them. Yep, they wanted my chicken I was hoping to eat off of for the next few days. And they at it all.
7-Up Lemon Pepper Grilled Chicken
Maybe it was because it marinated for two days in the fridge in 7-Up and garlic. Maybe it was because I so rarely make chicken. Regardless, both kids ate it. Both of them devoured their chicken breasts between two slices of bread. Gone
If I were to accidentally make this all over again, I would marinade the chicken for 24 hours in 7-Up, Sprite, Sierra Mist, whatever you have on hand. Peel and smash a clove of garlic for every chicken piece you are marinading, and a teaspoon of peppercorns.
When ready to grill, I would remove the chicken from the marinade and place the garlic under the skin of the chicken. For skinless chicken, I would put the garlic under one of the folds of the chicken. Seasoning the chicken liberally with lemon pepper seasoning. Grill till juices run clear.
Grilled Chicken Recipes
7-Up lemon pepper grilled chicken marinated 7-Up and garlic. Grilled chicken breasts have never tasted so good for a quick dinner recipe. #Grilled #Grilling #Chicken #BBQ #Lemon
- 1 pound of chicken pieces
- 1 cup 7-Up Sprite or Sierra Mist
- 4-5 peel and smashed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Place chicken pieces in a zipper seal bag and place chicken inside. Pour 7-Up over chicken. Put garlic and peppercorns in the bag. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Prior to grilling, remove chicken from marinade. Place garlic either under the chicken skin or in a fold of the meat.
- Grill over medium high heat of 350 degrees till chicken reaches 165 degrees and juices run clear.
- Apricot Bourbon-Glazed Ham on the Grill or Oven-Baked - April 5, 2020
- Sheet Pan Pork Chops, Sweet Potatoes and Red Potatoes - April 4, 2020
- Air Fryer Pizza Bites on Naan Bread - March 25, 2020