It is August in Indiana. That means we are all on a solid sweet corn and BLT diet. So to change things up a little, I decided to visit the idea of adding some chicken to the BLT. Thanks to my overgrown basil plant that I refuse to show you, I pulled together quite the marinade. The main stars beside the basil were some lemons with a little lime and garlic.
The ingredients for is flavorful grilled chicken are lots of citrus, fresh herbs, and garlic.
- chicken breasts or thighs
- white wine
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
How to Make Garlic Lemon Basil Grilled Chicken
I drizzled about ¼ cup of olive oil into the mix while it was pulsating along with a tablespoon of Dijon mustard and a tablespoon of honey. But after a finger dip, I felt like something was missing. So, I grabbed a bottle of white wine and added about a ¼ of a cup of wine and drizzled in a smidge more EVOO.
So, then it was on to prepping the chicken. If I am going to be adding chicken breast to a BLT then I was going to have to pound the chicken thin or none of us were going to get in our mouths. I called in the reinforcements to help.
So, the dear hubby pounded about 7 pounds of breasts flat. Cut them in half and put them in a Ziploc gallon bag.
The grilled chicken is a great summer dinner idea. It was great with my Caprese salad and cauliflower rice or mashed potatoes.
The leftover chicken is perfect with the bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and a slice of fresh mozzarella cheese with the avocado garlic aioli spread on the toast. With a side of sweet corn of course! I also love the leftover chicken on a salad.
Garlic Lemon Basil Chicken
- 4-5 pounds chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 Lemons Juiced
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 6 Cloves Garlic
- ⅓ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ White Wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 10-12 Basil Leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put the lemon and lime juices, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender and start pulsating.
- Add oil, wine, mustard, and honey as it purees.
- Once it is all liquified, add the basil leaves and pulsate just enough to cut up the basil.
- If you want thinner pieces of chicken, pound the boneless chicken breasts or use chicken breasts or thighs as is. Place in a gallon Ziploc bag.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and seal the bag.
- Let marinate for 2-24 hours in the fridge.
- When ready to prepare grill on a 350 degrees grill and season with salt and pepper. You may also bake the chicken for 25 minutes on 350 degrees.
Shared on Weekend Potluck
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021