Bacon parmesan stuffed mushrooms are a gluten-free stuffed mushroom recipe is low-carb, filled with bacon, cheese, garlic, onions, and herbs that can be grilled or baked. These mushrooms are so simple to make and are becoming a summer dinner staple, especially as we are trying to cut carbs. The flavors pair perfectly with every meat off the grill.
Gluten-Free Stuffed Mushroom Ingredients
- Large button mushrooms
- Bacon, not thick cut
- Parmesan cheese
- Cream cheese
How to Make Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms
While the bacon fries, take the stems out of the mushrooms. Large button mushrooms work best for stuffing. I find the best button mushrooms at Sam's Club or Costco.
Take the stems and chop them into small pieces. Additionally, mince the garlic and chop onions. Green onions are delicate enough for great flavor. When the bacon is cooked, add the mushroom stems, garlic, and onions to the skillet.
While the vegetables are frying, heat up the cream cheese in a bowl for 30 seconds in the microwave to make it easier to stir. Add the parmesan cheese to the bowl. Then drain the grease from the skillet and add the bacon mixture to the cheese in the bowl.
Chop up fresh parsley and add to the bowl. Season with fresh ground black pepper. Stir to completely combine the ingredients. The results will be a dough-like substance. Then begin to spoon into the mushroom tops.
Grill the mushrooms for 20 minutes on indirect heat with the grill at 350°. The mushrooms do have liquid in them, so expect them to shrink as well as having liquid drain off. If you bake these mushrooms, you will want to set them on a wrack on a jelly roll sheet. Bake for 20 minutes on 350 degrees.
Summer Side Ideas
Grilled Bacon Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 large button mushrooms
- ½ pound bacon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 green onions
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- Cut the bacon into pieces and fry in a skillet.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop the stems. Set the mushroom tops aside. Mince the garlic and dice up the green onions.
- When the bacon is cooked, add the mushrooms, garlic, and onions to the skillet with the bacon. Cook until soft.
- In a bowl place the cream cheese. Microwave for 30 seconds. Then add the parmsean cheese, parsley and black pepper to the cheese.
- Add the bacon and vegetable mixture to the cheese bowl. Stir to combine.
- Then spoon the cheese and bacon into the mushroom tops.
- Grill at 350° indirect heat for 20 minutes. To bake, place on a rack in a jellyroll pan and bake for 20 minutes on 350°.