It isn't just a coincidence that sweet corn harvest coincides with the start of the football season, it is an opportunity for the best tailgate dishes! This crock pot hot bacon and corn dip recipe is a new family favorite dip as it is ooey-gooey cheesiness with cream cheese and shredded pepper jack cheese with added heat from jalapenos keeps everyone coming back for just one more scoop of dip.
We have seriously frozen so much corn, I didn't think my family would actually be excited about another corn anything. They couldn't resist this bacon and corn dip long enough for me to even grab some pictures of this recipe.
People, while it is obvious this dip has corn and bacon, the cheese is insane too. I couldn't even fit all the cheese in the ingredients picture. I used mozzarelle, parmesan, and queso cheese in this recipe. If you want it to be spicier, you could substitute the queso for pepper jack cheese.
- Corn - The base of this dip is a lot of corn. I used our frozen corn, but you could also use three cans of whole kernel corn. Essentially you need six to eight cups of corn.
- Diced Jalapenos - Fresh jalapenos are my preference, but jarred jalapenos can also work in this recipe.
- Green Onions - Green onions offer a more light flavor with corn and bacon. Sweet onions can also be used in this recipe.
- Bacon - Fried bacon pieces bring smokiness and meat into the dish. I like to fry my bacon fresh but bacon bits or pieces could also be substituted in the recipe.
- Shredded Cheeses - The types of shredded cheese you use in this recipe are somewhat flexible. I would recommend a combination that can include any of the following queso quesadilla, pepper jack, colby jack, mozzarella in addition to parmesan cheese.
- Cream Cheese - a block of cream cheese is the creamy base for this dip
- Garlic Salt - The original time I made this recipe, I used garlic salt. Fresh minced garlic can be substituted. Then you will want to add salt.
- Cayenne Pepper - Want a little heat in this corn dip in addition to the jalapeno? Add some cayenne pepper if you want a little more heat.
- Basil - Add another interesting layer of flavor with the addition of basil leaves.
How to Make Hot Corn Dip in the Crock Pot?
Start by layering that down in the crock pot. Follow the corn with finely diced jalapenos, green onions, bacon, and all the shredded cheeses.
Stir the ingredients together and then stir in the cream cheese. Then add the seasonings. I added garlic salt and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
This recipe has a unique secret ingredient. While most Mexican corn dips have cilantro, this one has basil. It was so good. I am a little crazy about basil though. It really gives the dip an interesting and unique flavor.
We love thin cantina chips with this dip, but I am sure if you had veggies to dip into this hot bacon and corn dip, it would be good too. If you want to spice it up, even more, feel free to add more cayenne pepper or an additional jalapeno too.
Corn Dip Recipes
Crock Pot Hot Bacon and Corn Dip
- 6 cups of fresh or frozen corn or 3 15-ounce cans of corn, drained
- 10 strips of bacon fried and crumbled
- 2 jalapenos finely diced
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 cup of shredded queso cheese or pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2, 8- ounce blocks of cream cheese softened
- 2 teaspoons of garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 6-10 basil leaves chopped
- Tortilla Chips
- Place corn, bacon, jalapenos, onions, and shredded cheeses in the crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Place cream cheese, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper in the crock pot and stir.
- Cook on high for 1-2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes or on low for 1.5 - 3 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Right before serving, add basil. Stir to combine. Keep on warm setting while serving or move to another bowl.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Check out the great recipes each week shared on the Weekend Potluck!
Affiliate links were used in this post