Easy zucchini brownies are a simple homemade chocolate zucchini brownie recipe made with shredded zucchini with extras of pecans, chocolate chips, and topped with powdered sugar. This is also an egg-free recipe. The ingredients are all stirred together instead of mixed, making it easy homemade brownies. The addition of nuts or chocolate chips makes these brownies even more special.
Fabulous Zucchini Brownie Ingredients
To make these easy chocolate zucchini brownies, you will need brownie basics. The unique thing about this is there are no eggs needed in this recipe. Here is what ingredients you need in the brownies.
- Medium Zucchini - If you are using a larger zucchini, take the seeds out of the core of the zucchini. Smaller zucchini won't have as large of seeds.
- Cocoa Powder - A European friend of mine has converted me to Nestle cocoa powder.
- Flour - All-purpose flour works just fine. Use whatever your go-to flour is in your pantry.
- Baking Soda
- Sugar - White sugar is what I used in this recipe. I have not made this recipe with brown sugar.
- Oil - Vegetable oil is the oil I used to make this zucchini brownie recipe. If you use an alternative oil, make sure it is a mild-flavored oil since zucchini takes on the flavors of the ingredients.
- Vanilla - 100% pure vanilla is the preferred vanilla.
- Pecans or Chocolate Chips - Add-ins for these brownies are really your call. You can put nuts and chocolate chips or one or the other, or both. I tend to do a darker chocolate chip so it doesn't make the brownies too sweet.
- Powdered Sugar mesh strainer- For dusting the top of the brownies. This is also optional, but why not fancy it up a bit. I use a to dust the brownies.
How to Make Easy Zucchini Brownies
To make these brownies, start with a medium-size zucchini. Peel the zucchini to make shredding it easier. Shred the zucchini with a manual grater or with a food processor. I have made these zucchini brownies with both methods and both turned out perfectly.
In a bowl, mix together sugar, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Set aside this combination.
Combine the flour, sugar, and zucchini. You can also add chopped pecans or chocolate chips to these zucchini brownies. I love them with chocolate chips because they make the brownies even fudgier.
Summer Dessert Recipes
Fabulous Zucchini Brownies
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups zucchini shredded
- ½ cup chopped pecans or chocolate chips
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Mix sugar, oil, and vanilla together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Blend sugar mixture, zucchini and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 13"X9" pan and bake on 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- When cool dust brownies with powdered sugar.