We all have the that swiss steak recipe that has been in our family for four generation. Onions and peppers and tomatoes all cooking slowly together. Well, sometimes I like to break tradition. And I have a lot of round steaks and steaks for swissing. So, I tried something new. French Onion soup inspired swiss steak. I started with the cast iron skillet and ended with my crock pot.
Flour and steak seasoning. Butter and onions. This was a match made in heaven. The you just need to slow cook the beef to make it super tender.
But first, the gravy French onion goodness.
Simply mix a can of French onion soup and a can of cream of mushroom soup together. Pour over top of the steak and season generously with your favorite steak seasoning. And then before you are ready to eat, whip up some mashed potatoes. Or cook some noodles. Or do both. You will want to soak up the gravy.
Slow Cooker French Onion Swiss Steak
- 2 pounds round steak or steak for swissing
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Mix together flour and one tablespoon steak seasoning. Dredge steak in flour. Place steaks in hot skillet. Brown on both sides for 3-4 minutes.
- Once both sides are browned, place in crock pot on a quarter of the sliced onions.
- Place remaining onions in skillet to absorb bits left in the pan for a minute or two and then transfer to crock pot.
- Mix soups together and pour over meat and onions. Sprinkle remaining tablespoon of steak seasoning over the soups.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
thank you for this great post
i have a link about french onion soup recipe
if you want to visit it :
French Onion Soup Recipe
Re: Swiss steak slow cook recipe How long and at what setting? Thanks!
I'm browning the meat as I type and just realized that you didn't mention what setting to put the slow cooker on or for how long.
6-8 hours on low.
Can I cook in crock pot at a higher heat and shorter time?
Like 3-4 hours on high?
james rodriguez wallpaper
The only different is that mobile internet banking users are logging into their account from their mobile devices instead of normal PC.
She plowed seven acres the day before she tripped on a hay rake and broke her
neck. Online sports betting are becoming very popular these
Organic baby skin care products are made from natural substances to care for the skin without any invisible damage left behind.
The ceiling in such a hall should be a shade lighter
than the colour of the walls and the curtains.
C'mon, think back on all the zombie movies you've watched'Do they EVER make it out alive.
This has become a favorite in our house. Its quick and easy, and works well with a variety of meats. I also like to add some cubed potatoes to help make a complete meal of it. They soak up some of the flavor, and taste great.
What kind of steak seasoning?
hi!,I like your writing so so much! proportion we communicate extra approximately your article on AOL? I require a specialist in this area to resolve my problem. Maybe that is you! Looking forward to see you.
This recipe has become a favorite! I always made swiss steak with tomatoes and it was sometimes just too acidic. This is perfect! I used cube steaks and since I am probably the only woman in America that doesn't own a crockpot I put the steaks in a 13x9" glass pyrex baking dish that I sprayed with non-stick spray and put everything else on top, covered in foil and baked at 300 degrees for 3 hours and they were perfect! Thank you for a great recipe that uses ingredients that I don't have to take out a loan to buy 🙂