Crock pot beef cubed steak with gravy is a simple recipe that combines ranch and Italian seasoning and cream of mushroom soup and French onion soup with mushrooms, onions, and peppers for a tender cubed steak recipe that is perfect over mashed potatoes.
Crock Pot Beef Cubed Steak with Gravy Ingredients
How to Make Cubed Steak in the Crock Pot
Beef cube steaks are an affordable cut of meat. Most people eat cubed steaks as country fried steak. However, cubed steak in the crock pot is an easy alternative to pan frying the steaks. To make this cubed steak recipe, begin by mixing the soups, vegetables, and seasonings together. I had some leftover diced green peppers, chopped green onions and sliced mushrooms from salads the night before, so I added them into the mix as well. If you don't have veggies, you will be fine without them.
Remove the steaks from the crock pot. If you want slightly thicker gravy, dissolve a little cornstarch in water and add to the liquid in the crock pot. Serve over a big pile of mashed potatoes.
Beef Cubed Steak Recipes
Crock Pot Beef Cubed Steaks
- 2 pounds of beef cubed steaks
- 1 envelope of ranch dressing mix
- 1 envelope of Italian dressing mix
- 1 can of french onion soup
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup green peppers diced
- ½ cup of green or white onions diced
- Mix together soups and seasonings mix. Stir in the vegetables.
- Place cubed steaks in the crock pot and pour soup mixture over top.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- If you want thicker gravy, mix together 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in ¼ cup cold water. Pour into crock pot once steaks have been removed. Stir till thickened.
shared on weekend potluck