As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
There is this pizza that I have dreams about. It is at Bazbeaux in Indianapolis, and they have Pizza Alla Quattro Formaggio. Since we live just far enough from Indy, I decided I could make my own four cheese and bacon pizza at home version.
Four Cheese and Bacon Pizza
Since bacon makes everything better, start by frying up 6 pizza of bacon.
While the bacon is frying get the dough and
cheese ready. I am a lover of Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough. I used the thin crust for this pizza. I of course started by drizzling a little extra virgin olive oil and garlic powder over the bottom of my jelly roll pizza stone and wiping it around with a paper towel.
You definitely don’t need to use all of them but feel free to use all of them. I would recommend the Fontina and then the Parm or the Romano. The final cheese is ricotta. Yes, trust me, you will love it.
Then follow with your shredded Fontina, Romano or even cheddar if you don’t have fontina or another Italian cheese. Follow the shredded with slices of fresh mozzarella and then dollops of Romano. Then grab that bacon and sprinkle over the cheeses. I put a bit more Parmesan over top at the end.
Let it set a few minutes before slicing into squares and diving into this cheesy bad boy.
- 1 tube refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
- 1/2 pound bacon fried and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 slices of provolone cheese
- 1 cup each of Fontina cheese and Romano or Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1, 8 oz ball of fresh mozzarella sliced
- 8 oz of Ricotta Cheese
Drizzle olive oil and garlic powder on a jelly roll pan. Spread oil and garlic powder around the pan with a paper towel.
Spread pizza crust out in the pan.
Bake for 7 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Remove from oven and lay provolone slices on crust to cover completely. Spread the Fontina and Romano/Parmesan cheese over the sliced cheese.
- Place slices of mozzarella over top followed by dollops of Ricotta betweens mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with bacon to cover evenly. Top with additional Parmesan cheese if you wish.
- Bake on 400 for an additional 10 minutes.
Let sit for a minute before slicing.
Got a good recipe to share this week? Be sure to link up one of your favorites from this past week.