As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The hardest thing for me to give up on the keto diet is pizza. My family loves my pan calzones that are essentially a stuffed pizza casserole with crusts on the top and bottom. It was time for me to figure out how to do a low carb pizza I can enjoy with my family. Keto pizza made with a cream cheese crust and topped with a thin layer of tomato sauce, your favorite toppings, and cheese.
The key to this keto pizza is the low-carb cream cheese crust that is the simple combination of cream cheese, parmesan and mozzarella cheese, and eggs with your favorite Italian seasonings. The sauces and toppings can keep you in check with the keto diet when choosing wisely. You won’t be making a pineapple barbecue pizza that is keto people, be smart.
To make the crust, combine cream cheese, eggs, the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, and garlic powder. Mix it together with a hand mixer until completely smooth. This works best with cream cheese at room temperature. Then spread the combination out in a 13×9 pan or baking dish and bake on 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Once the cream cheese crust is done baking let it cool for several minutes before preparing with the pizza toppings. I use a straight-up plain tomato sauce and add pizza seasonings to the sauce. I put fresh basil and oregano in the sauce in the summer along with some salt and pepper. I only use a half a cup of sauce on this entire pizza.
On the thin layer of tomato sauce add your toppings. My family is a meat lovers kind of pizza family. When I make calzones I use sausage, ham, pepperoni, and some veggies. We love onions, peppers, and mushrooms. For this keto pizza, I used bell peppers and mushrooms on half of it since my daughter doesn’t like mushrooms. When layering it up, I put the sausage on the sauce, cover in pizza blend cheese and then top with the ham, veggies, and pepperoni. Bake the pizza on 350 for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and pepperonis are crisp.
The leftovers heat up great too. I loved having this pizza to take to work with me for a quick keto lunch with the leftover keto pizza. But your family may eat all of this pizza since it tastes so good.
Find out how to stock your kitchen for low carb or keto dieting if this is your first venture into a keto diet.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp fresh or dried basil and oregano
- 1.5 cups mozzarella or pizza blend cheese
- 1 cup toppings each - sausage, ham, pepperoni, mushrooms, olives, peppers
- Combine the cream cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, eggs, and garlic powder in a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to mix together.
- Grease a 13 X 9 pan and pour the cream cheese crust into the pan. Bake for 15 minutes on 350 degrees or until golden brown.
- Let the crust cool down for 5-10 minutes. Mix the salt and pepper and herbs into the sauce. Spread the sauce on the cooled cream cheese crust.
- Spread the toppings you don't want on top of the cheese on the sauce. I normally put the sausage on the sauce and top with the cheese. Then put any remaining toppings to the top of the cheese. I always put the pepperoni on top of the cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Cut into 12 squares for serving. Each serving is 3 pieces.
Shared on Weekend Potluck.
Shared on Meal Plan Monday.
- English Muffin Egg Cups – Individual Breakfast Casseroles - September 27, 2020
- English Muffin Garlic Toast – Easy Homemade Garlic Bread - September 23, 2020
- Instant Pot Jambalaya - September 19, 2020