For coffee lovers, mornings often start with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee, setting the tone for the day ahead. But what if you could take your coffee game to the next level by adding a protein punch and a touch of vanilla sweetness? Enter the Iced Protein Vanilla Macchiato, a tantalizing creation made with Nespresso Bianco Doppio and Fairlife Vanilla Power Core milk. This delightful beverage is not only a treat for your taste buds but also an excellent way to fuel your body. If you love a caramel macchiato, you are going to love this protein vanilla macchiato. In this blog post, we'll walk you through the simple steps to create this delicious and nutritious coffee concoction.
Nespresso's Bianco Doppio is a masterful blend of Arabica and Robusta coffee beans, offering a rich and robust flavor profile with just the right amount of bitterness. It provides the ideal foundation as a tasty blend of real coffee for our Iced Protein Vanilla Macchiato, making every sip a memorable experience.
Iced Protein Vanilla Macchiato Ingredients
Two simple ingredients with this recipe and both come in my Amazon Subscribe and Save each month.
- Nespresso Bianco Doppio coffee capsule - or a double espresso shot from your preferred coffee source.
- Fairlife Vanilla Power Core milk - Any protein drink can work. I use Fairlife protein drinks, but premier protein can also be used in this recipe.
For even more protein, feel free to add your favorite whey protein powder to a little water and mix it into the coffee and protein shake. This can create a great iced protein coffee.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make Iced Protein Coffee
Making this protein iced macchiato doesn't have to be any harder than making your normal cold brew or hot latte. Here is how to make this protein-packed iced macchiato.
Start by brewing a Nespresso Bianco Doppio coffee shot using your Nespresso machine or any espresso maker of your choice. Allow it to cool for a few minutes.
Fill a glass with ice cubes, leaving enough room at the top for your coffee and protein milk mixture. Pour part of the Fairlife Vanilla Power Core Shake over the ice.
Slowly pour the brewed Nespresso Bianco Doppio coffee over the ice and milk, filling the glass about two-thirds full.
Carefully pour the protein-infused Fairlife Vanilla Power Core milk over the coffee. The milk will naturally blend with the coffee, creating a beautiful marbled effect.
For an extra touch of indulgence, top your Iced Protein Vanilla Macchiato with a dollop of whipped cream and a light sprinkle of ground cinnamon. A drizzle of caramel sauce or a pump of vanilla syrup will also sweeten the protein macchiato up a notch.
Hint: In a separate container, mix the vanilla protein powder with a small amount of cold water (about 2-3 tablespoons) to create a smooth protein paste. Combine the protein paste with the Fairlife Vanilla Power Core milk. Shake or stir vigorously to ensure the protein is fully incorporated into the milk, resulting in a creamy and smooth consistency.
While I love the vanilla protein drinks, others may like other flavors. Here are ideas on how to change up the vanilla macchiato.
- Protein Mocha - Use chocolate Fairlife Core Power milk with the coffee to make a chocolaty mocha coffee drink.
- Caramel Macchiato - Use regular milk of your choosing and caramel syrup and sauce to make a more traditional iced caramel macchiato.
- Protein Frappuccino - add the coffee, ice, and Fairlife Core Power to a blender for a protein frappuccino.
Equipment and Supplies
Having a Nespresso machine is not required to make this coffee drink, but I am a big fan of Nespresso coffee. You can find all the staples for this recipe on my Amazon Subscribe and Save list.
Combining coffee and protein drinks like Fairlife protein drinks can help boost overall cognitive function and make you feel sharper throughout the day. Many protein drinks and powders contain additional nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that, when combined with caffeine, can give you the boost of energy you need.
If you are looking for added protein to your coffee drink from Starbucks, just order a cold brew in a larger cup and then add your protein shake to it separately.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
Iced Protein Vanilla Macchiato
- 1 Nespresso Machine
- 1 pod Nespresso Biana Doppio
- 1 cup Fairlife Core Power
- Start by brewing a Nespresso Bianco Doppio coffee shot using your Nespresso machine or any espresso maker of your choice. Allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes, leaving enough room at the top for your coffee and protein milk mixture.
- Slowly pour the brewed Nespresso Bianco Doppio coffee over the ice, filling the glass about two-thirds full.
- Carefully pour the protein-infused Fairlife Vanilla Power Core milk over the coffee. The milk will naturally blend with the coffee, creating a beautiful marbled effect.