I don’t know how everyone can make meal plans for the week and stick to it. I am secretly envious of your planning what you are going to be craving skills. For me, I usually have a craving and make what I am craving.
I bring you my latest creation based on what momma was craving…Three cheese baked spaghetti.
I know, I could just break long spaghetti into pieces, but then you have spaghetti fly EVERYWHERE. So, get your spaghetti cooking, a half a pound to be exact.
Second recommendation for baked spaghetti is use ground pork or combination of ground beef and pork. And of course my recommendation is to cook a pound of meat in the micro cooker.
Once the meat and spaghetti are cooked, put the spaghetti in a large bowl and add one egg, one cup of cottage cheese, one cup of mozzarella and a half a cup of Parmesan cheese.
In the micro cooker add one jar of spaghetti sauce, one teaspoon of Italian seasoning, one teaspoon of garlic powder and salt, and a half a teaspoon of pepper.
Then mix the meat with the spaghetti and cheese. Pour it all into a large casserole dish or 13 x 9 pan.
Top it with another cup to cup and a half of mozzarella cheese and half a cup of Parmesan cheese.
Bake on 350 for 30 minutes, until it is bubbly and all the cheese is melted.
Plated up with a beer biscuit and momma was in heaven.
- 8 ounces of dry spaghetti
- 1 lb lean ground beef or pork
- 1, 28 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cottage cheese or ricotta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions and brown ground meat.
- Place cooked spaghetti in a large bowl and mix cottage cheese, half of the Parmesan and half of the mozzarella cheese, and egg together. In a separate bowl mix together sauce, browned meat and seasonings.
- Pour meat sauce into spaghetti and cheese and mix to combine.
- Pour into a large greased casserole dish. Sprinkle the top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake on 350 for 30 minutes till bubbly and cheese is melted.