I have a serious chips and salsa problem. I can be watching what I am eating and doing well at eating healthy, fresh, low carb foods. Then it happens. The family wants to eat at Chili’s or the local Mexican restaurant. And the chips and salsa show up in front of me and I lose all self control. Have you been there? Please tell me I am not alone.
Now, I have conquered my own restaurant style easy salsa recipe at home.
The farm store by us, Rural King, sells the most amazing tortilla chips. You know the thin and super crispy ones that Chili’s has with their salsa? Yep, the farm store has them too. As if we need another reason to go to Rural King. I buy them three pounds at a time…Literally, I but my chips at the farm store.
Calf Feed. Check.
Tortilla Chips. Check.
I am my own worst enemy. Truly. Why on earth would anybody buy three pounds of tortilla chips at a time. It is like God is telling me to make a big old bowl of salsa and just devour it one chip full at a time.
And technically health food.
Serves: 3 cups
- 1 can Rotel (10 ounce can of tomatoes and chilies)
- 1 can Diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce can)
- 1 tablespoon Jarred Jalapenos
- ¼ onion
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or two garlic gloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- Place the onion and jalapenos into a food processor and pulse till finely chopped. Pour in tomatoes and seasoning and pulse till everything is mixed together.