The best chocolate chip cookies you will have are these Amish Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies if you are looking for a soft chocolate chip cookie recipe. You will never use another cookie recipe again after making these cookies. Now, granted this chocolate chip cookie recipe will make nearly 75 cookies, so you will need some friends to share the cookies with after you make them. I got this recipe from my friend, Amy, and the kids call them Amy's cookies.
These chocolate chip cookies are soft and delicate with rich buttery, vanilla flavors from the butter, butter flavored crisco, and instant vanilla pudding being part of the cookie dough. I, of course, can't control myself by just eating one.
Pudding Cookie Ingredients
Amish chocolate chip pudding cookies combine traditional cookie ingredients with a unique combination of shortening, butter, and pudding to make these moist pudding cookies irresistible.
Obviously, the staples like flour, sugar, and eggs are in these cookies, but here is a sneak into what else you will need.
- Brown Sugar
- White Sugar
- Instant Pudding - Vanilla or French Vanilla flavored pudding
- Baking Soda
How to Make Amy's Amish Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
This chocolate chip cookie recipe makes an enormous amount of cookies. Seriously, like 75 cookies. It easily can be split into a third. One-third of a batch gives you about two dozen cookies.
The secret is the pudding mix. That and melting the Crisco. Mix the ingredients in a large stand mixer if you are making the full batch. Start by beating the eggs and then mixing the sugars, pudding, vanilla, butter, and shortening. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, soda, and salt together. Slowly add the dry ingredients.
Amish Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- 6 Eggs
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cup melted butter the real stuff
- 1 ½ cup melted butter flavored Crisco recommend getting the sticks
- 3-3.4 oz. boxes of instant vanilla pudding
- 3 tsp. baking soda level tsp.
- 1 tsp. salt level tsp.
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 7 ¾ cup flour
- 2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat eggs in mixing bowl. Add sugar, butter, and shortening. When mixed well, add 3 boxes of instant pudding. Add vanilla flavoring.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Gradually add dry mixture to the egg mixture.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in 350° oven. When cookies are removed from the oven they should just barely be finished baking, since the pudding will continue to set as the cookies cool.