Desserts can be a challenge when you are gluten-free. Baked goods made with non-wheat flours can really taste like cardboard. Finally, I have found a cookie bar recipe that is flourless and doesn't taste like a box. If you are eating low-carb this gluten-free monster cookie bars recipe is not the solution for you. But if you are looking for a gluten-free cookie recipe, look no further.
Gluten-Free Monster Cookie bars are a flourless cookie cake recipe combining peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, and M & Ms to create a chewy chocolate cookie treat. My kids didn't even miss the flour and I could still enjoy the treat with them.
Gluten-Free Monster Cookie Bars Ingredients
These are the perfect cookie to make for any holiday party. I made them for Valentine's but will be making them all year long with whatever holiday M&Ms are in the stores. No holiday, no problem, I will just use the traditional colors.
The ingredients for these bar cookies are just like traditional cookies minus the floor. The base of the cookies recipe is:
- old-fashioned oatmeal
- quick oats
- peanut butter
- chocolate chips
- M & Ms.
How to Make Gluten-Free Cookies
Begin making the gluten-free monster cookie bars by mixing the softened butter, peanut butter, brown and white sugars together. When blended to a creamy state, add eggs and vanilla. I used a handheld mixer to combine. The batter at this point should be a fluffy consistency.
Add the two different kinds of oats to the batter and mix with the handheld mixer. When combined, stir in the chocolate chips and M&Ms into the gluten-free bar cookie batter.
In a pizza pan or bar cookie pan like mine shaped like a heart, spread the gluten-free monster cookie bars out to the edges.
Bake the cookie bars on 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. The outside edges will be golden brown while the inside of the cookie will still be soft. The cookie will continue to bake after you take it from the oven.
Feel free to cut the cookie bars like a pizza. Or use a cookie cutter to make fun shaped cookies. I had heart shaped cookie cutters to go along with Valentine's day theme.
These gluten-free bar cookies were so addicting. The combination of old fashioned and quick oats made the texture feel like there really was flour in the batter.
You will want to add this gluten-free monster cookie bars to the treats you make for the next party. Everyone will love them, especially your gluten-free friends.
Scotcharoos Pinwheels - Crispy Rice Chocolate Peanut Butter Roll
Blender Flourless Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Marshmallow Creme Rice Crispy Treats
Valentine's Day Treats
Hop, Skip and Go Naked Cookies
Candy Pizza - Cookie Cake Cooking with Kids Recipe
Gluten-Free Monster Cookie Bars
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1.5 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ teapsoon baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup M&Ms
- In a mixing bowl combine the peanut butter, butter, and sugars with a hand or stand mixer. Once combined, add the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix.
- To the peanut butter and egg mixture, add the oats and baking soda. Mix with the mixer and remove when combined. Do not over mix.
- Stir in the M&Ms and chocolate chips. Spread into a greased cookie bar pan or pizza pan.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 17-20 minutes. The edges of cookies will be golden brown while the middle of the cookie will be lighter in color and appear somewhat soft still.
Other great recipes at Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
Leave a Reply