For people looking for an alternative to a chocolate chip cookie for those people who just don't love milk chocolate, this recipe for white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies needs to be saved. The softest cookies ever thanks to the use of white chocolate pudding, shortening, and butter, these macadamia white chocolate cookies are going to be a favorite cookie in your household.
My family is complete suckers for those Subway cookies right by the register. My son got stuck with a white chocolate chip macadamia nut cookie one time when they were out of the chocolate chip. His love for these white chocolate cookies has been going strong since.
This recipe was inspired by my Amish Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookie recipe. While the Amish cookie recipe makes 72 cookies, I have figured out how to make the recipe with more like 24 cookies. These white chocolate chip cookies can also be made with or without nuts.
- Ingredients for the Softest White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- How to Make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Substitutions for baking recipes
- Variations to Pudding White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Must Have Kitchen Tools
- Best Way to Store Homemade Cookies
- Cookie Recipes
- 📖 Recipe
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Ingredients for the Softest White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Regardless of white or chocolate chips, these ingredients for macadamia nut white chocolate chip cookies will be the softest, chewiest cookies you have had.
- Eggs - Large eggs are best. Eggshell color does not matter.
- Brown Sugar - Light brown sugar is what I have in my pantry.
- White Sugar - Granulated white sure not powdered sugar.
- Butter - Regular old stick butter is what you need here. No fake butter or margarine.
- Shortening - I buy the sticks of shortening because I think it is easier for measuring.
- Instant Pudding - White Chocolate instant pudding is the perfect choice for this recipe. If you can't find white chocolate, vanilla or French Vanilla flavored pudding
- Vanilla - Real vanilla is what I have used, but imitation should work fine too.
- Flour - All Purpose flour is what works just fine for this recipe.
- Baking Soda - The orange box of baking soda to make sure they rise.
- Salt - A little salt makes the sweetness better. Don't ask me white.
- White Chocolate Chips - I love the Ghiradelli white chocolate chips. But the Nestle or Hershey's brands can work too.
- Macadamia Nuts - I bought the chopped macadamia nuts pieces instead of whole nuts. Mainly just to make it easier to mix up the cookies.
See recipe card for exact quantities.
How to Make White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
These cookies are just like any other from scratch cookie recipe. The secret is the pudding mix. That and melting the Crisco and butter together.
Start by melting the shortening and butter together. Microwaving them together works best.
Cream the eggs and sugar together. Then add the melted Crisco and butter. Dump in the pudding mix and add vanilla.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and mix into the wet ingredients.
Stir in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts into the cookie dough.
Scoop the cookies onto a cookie pan. I use baking stones to make these cookies but baking sheets work too. Bake on 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Take out before you think they are actually done and let sit on the pan for an additional 2 minutes.
Remember the size of the cookies can be adjusted. You can make big cookies with a 1-½-inch scoop and smaller cookies with a one-inch scoop. Cook times will need to be adjusted based on the size of the cookies.
Hint: Let these white chocolate macadamia nut cookies cool on newspapers. There is plenty of fat that can absorb into the paper.
Substitutions for baking recipes
While I know there are plenty of ways to adjust baked goods for specialty diets. However, I am not an expert.
- Low-Sugar - instead of regular sugar and pudding, choose a sugar substitute and low sugar pudding.
- Gluten Free - use gluten free all-purpose flour in place of the all-purpose wheat flour
- Low-Fat - Dream on! This fat is necessary.
Variations to Pudding White Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Just like I switched up these cookies from the original vanilla pudding and chocolate chips, here are other ideas to switch up the flavors.
- Lemon Pudding - add lemon pudding instead of white chocolate and use the white chocolate chips still for a lemon and white chocolate chip cookie.
- Butterscotch Pudding - add butterscotch pudding for a more blondie-style cookie along with pecan instead of macadamia nuts. Butterscotch chips or white chocolate chips work with these too.
- Cheesecake Pudding- add cheesecake pudding with cranberries and white chocolate chips for some cranberry white chocolate chip cookies.
See the OG pudding chocolate chip cookies recipe on my website!
Must Have Kitchen Tools
While I make these cookies with my hand mixer instead of my big Kitchen Aide Stand Mixer, I do use a few other tools that will be useful for you to have in the kitchen.
Best Way to Store Homemade Cookies
These white chocolate chip cookies keep well on the counter in an air-tight container.
These cookies also stand up well to freezing for up to 3 months. Be sure to double-wrap or bag the cookies for the freezer.
There are 245 calories per cookie when there are 24 cookies. Smaller cookies will result in fewer calories.
YES! Macadamia nut white chocolate chip cookies can be frozen. Double wrap the cookies and freeze for up to three months.
Finding the perfect cookie recipe can be hard. Especially one that is easy to make too. Since I am not a big fan of baking, I want to make sure the cookies I make are totally worth it.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup melted butter the real stuff
- ½ cup melted butter flavored Crisco recommend getting the sticks
- 3.4 oz. boxes of instant white chocolate pudding
- 1 tsp. baking soda level tsp.
- ⅓ tsp. salt level tsp.
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 ½ cup flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Beat eggs in mixing bowl with a hand mixer. Add sugar, butter, and shortening. When mixed well, add instant pudding. Add vanilla flavoring.
- In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Gradually add dry mixture to the egg mixture.
- Add white chocolate chips and macadamia nut pieces. Mix with a spatula into the cookie dough.
- Using a scoop, spoon onto a baking stone or cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in 350° oven. When cookies are removed from the oven they should just barely be finished baking, since the pudding will continue to set as the cookies cool. Let sit for 2 minutes and then transfer to newspaper to cool.
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
- Bourbon Peach Slab Pie - Peach Pie Bars 🍑 🥧 - April 1, 2023