I am obsessed with soup, and my family is obsessed with smoke sausage. With the large amounts of fresh-frozen corn in our freezer too making crock pot corn chowder is pretty much a no-brainer for us in our house. Crock Pot smoked sausage corn chowder combines a sausage, corn, potatoes, and onions with cream and chicken broth for an easy and hearty soup for a chilly night.
If you are a lover of chowders or potato soups, I totally recommend you throw the crock pot smoked sausage corn chowder into the rotation soon.
Smoked Sausage and Corn Chowder Ingredients
The ingredients are simple and don't involve cream of chicken soup. This recipe is a gluten-free soup recipe. I had leftover corn I used in the soup but feel free to use some sweet corn straight from the freezer.
The ingredients for this smoked sausage corn chowder are the following:
- potatoes - red skinned potatoes work well but any white potato will do
- smoked sausage
- Better than Bouillon roasted chicken
- Salt and Pepper
How to make Crock Pot Smoked Sausage Corn Chowder
Chop these main ingredients and add them to the crock pot with Better than bouillon. I used my 6-quart crock pot for this recipe. Small red potatoes cut in quarters is what I used in this soup. Feel free to use the potato of your family's liking in this chowder.
Add the cream and water to the smoked sausage, potatoes, onions, and Better than Bouillon.
Stir to combine the ingredients. If the ingredients are not completely submerged, add more water. Then add the salt and pepper. Stir and cook on high for 4 hours.
After four hours you will have a creamy goodness pot full of flavors. This soup was so good. I literally had to put it up so I would quit eating it.
Go ahead and pin this recipe. You will want to make this crock pot smoked sausage corn chowder soon.
More Smoked Sausage Recipes
Crock Pot Smoked Sausage Corn Chowder
- 14 ounces smoked sausage, one package
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Better than Bouillon roasted chicken flavor
- 2 cups cream
- 3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine the smoked sausage, potatoes, corn, and onions in the crock pot along with the Better than Bouillon roasted chicken.
- Pour the cream and water over the top. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.