During the fall I love to add apples to savory foods, especially pork. So this weekend I made crock pot apple pork chops with a cornbread stuffing with apples of course. The flavors from apples, onions, and the pork slow cooked all day and smelled so good when I got home.
Apple Pork Chops and Stuffing Ingredients
We used to butcher our own pigs. Before we had our 4-H pigs we were lucky enough to have several farmers who live by us that raise thousands of hogs a year that we can buy hogs from each year. Doesn’t get much more local than one of the barns less than a mile from our house.Here are the complete list of ingredients you will need to make these crock pot apple pork chops and stuffing.
- Bone-in pork chops
- Cornbread stuffing - pork flavored also works well
- Seasoning Salt
How to Make Crock Pot Apple Pork Chops
Once the chops were pretty much thawed , time to make these crock pot apple pork chops. I browned them in the skillet. Before browning, I seasoned both sides with a season salt. I have about 10 seasoning salts. I used one of my rib salts for these, but good old Lawry’s would work. Brown them for about 5-7 minutes on each side.While the pork chops were browning, I chopped up one apple, three celery stalks, and a whole onion. I diced half the onion and sliced the other half.As you know, I am a semi-homemade cook. So, out comes the Stove Top Stuffing Mix. I added one and a half cups of water to the mix. This was a mistake. Just add one cup. The apples and vegetables will add the other half a cup of water. Mix half the apples and celery and all of the diced onions to the stuffing mix. Place the stuffing in the bottom of crock pot. Place the browned pork chops on top of the stuffing. Top the chops with the remaining apples, celery, and onions. Sprinkle a bit more seasoning over top of the entire mixture.
Crock Pot Pork Chops Recipe
Crock Pot Apple Pork Chops
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 apple
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 onion
- 1 box cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- Season both sides of the pork chops and brown in a large skillet for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Chop apple and celery into bite size pieces. Dice half the onions and slice the other half.
- Mix one cup of the water into the stuffing mix.
- Add half the apple and celery chunks to the stuff and place stuffing in the crock pot.
- Place pork chops over the stuffing and add remaining apple, celery, and onion to top.
- Pour half cup water over the top.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on low.
- If the stuffing is too dry for your liking, add another half cup of water before serving.
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021