As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a whole slew of magazines coming my way now thanks to having a kids who has to sell magazines each fall. While, I could sell magazines to every family and friend in a 300 mile radius, I just bought 10 for gifts and a few for myself. Just a few. One of which is Midwest Living. I am in love. Truly. I got crock pot angel chicken straight from it.
Crock Pot Angel Chicken
Of course a started with a solid hunk of chicken tenders.
Pour into a slow cooker.
Pour in one can of cream of mushroom soup.
Mix together and then add four ounces of cream cheese. Original recipe called for chives and onion cream cheese spread. I had low fat blocks of cream cheese, so that is what I used.
Cut up 6 ounces of mushrooms into quarters and toss into slow cooker.
If you like garlic, add a few cloves that have been roughly chopped.
Then pour the soup and cream cheese mixture over top.
- 1.5 - 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breasts tenders or thighs
- 8 ounces of fresh button mushrooms quartered
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 -0.7 ounce envelope Italian dry salad dressing mix
- 1 - 10.75 ounce can of cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 2 cups hot cooked rice or angel hair pasta
- In a large skillet brown both sides of chicken in hot oil over a medium heat.
- In the crock pot, put the quartered mushrooms and place browned chicken on top.
- In the large skillet you cooked the chicken, deglaze pan by pouring white wine in and add butter, Italian seasoning. Stir to combine
- Stir in mushroom soup and cream cheese. Stir till cheese is completely melted.
- Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 4-5 hours
- Serve over rice or angel hair pasta.
Latest posts by Leah (see all)
- Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup – Taco Hamburger and Rice Soup - February 9, 2020
- Whiskey Dogs – Lit’l Smokies Appetizer - February 8, 2020
- Keto Tuscan Sausage Soup with Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes - February 3, 2020