Crock pot lasagna is an easy lasagna recipe using no-boil or regular lasagna noodles that can slow cook in your casserole crock pot all day long. If I am not buying a frozen lasagna, I am making lasagna in the crock pot. It is so easy and done in just a couple of hours.
- Ground beef
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Petite diced tomatoes
- Italian seasonings
- Ricotta cheese or cottage cheese + milk
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian blend cheese or mozzarella cheese
How to Make Lasagna in the Crock Pot
Brown the meat with a whole onion and two cloves of garlic. Both diced.
Separate the beef and brown over medium-low heat.
When the beef is completely cooked, drain the grease off and set aside.
Grab a jar of spaghetti sauce and can of diced tomatoes. Brands don't matter. Added veggies don't either. I am partial to Red Gold since the tomatoes are grown right here in Indiana.
Mix the sauce and tomatoes together. Add ½ cup of water as well.
While the spaghetti sauce has seasoning, I add a few to kick it up just a notch. ½ teaspoon of parsley and Italian seasoning each.
I also tossed ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper in for good cause. Then add the ground beef mixture back into the sauce.
Two, steps down, cheese to go. Grab your cheese and eggs. Mix the ricotta together with milk and eggs. If you are using cottage cheese instead of ricotta, skip the milk. Stir together until smooth.
Then add two cups of shredded mozzarella and the shredded Parmesan. Mix completely.
Now for the layering. Start by putting a heaping cup of meat sauce on the bottom of your crock pot.
Then grab your lasagna noodles. I had regular lasagna noodles the first time I made the recipe. Not the no-boil kind. I didn't cook them. Put them in uncooked. It really is that easy. The no-boil works just fine as well.
With my oval crock, I can fit a full-length one down the middle. I break the other ones in pieces and fit them around the edges. In the casserole crock pot the lasagna noodles can lay straighter and more square to the rectangle shape.
Layer a third of your cheese mixture over the noodles, spreading out evenly.
Then pour about a cup and a half of the cheese and start the noodles again. You are going to have three layers of noodles and cheese. Start with the sauce and nd with sauce to sandwich the lasagna.
Since I am a bit partial to the dairy industry, I grabbed more mozzarella and layer it over the top of the last layer of sauce.
I cut the lasagna into about 10-12 pieces.
Perfection! And of course, I made Italian Cheesy Loaf.
Tips for Making Crock Pot Lasagna
- One time-saving tip and recipe focusing thing I do is start Monday with the main protein that can be used again later. Frozen prebrowned hamburger works perfectly in this recipe.
- Cottage cheese or ricotta cheese both work in this recipe.
Casserole Crock Pot Recipes
Crock Pot Lasagna
- 1 lb. ground beef or pork browned
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced
- 8 oz. mushrooms optional
- 28 ounces spaghetti sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 oz. of ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ½ lb. Lasagna noodles
- Brown hamburger, onions and garlic. Drain grease and set aside.
- Mix spaghetti sauce, water, and tomatoes together in a bowl. Add Italian seasonings, parsley, and salt and pepper. Dump meat into sauce. Add mushrooms if using them.
- Combine ricotta cheese, milk and egg together. Add parmesan and mozzarella cheeses, mixing completely.
- Line bottom of crock pot with 1 cup sauce.
- Place uncooked noodles on top of sauce, completely covering bottom. The noodles may be overlapped. Add cheese mixture on top of noodles. Top with 1 ½ cups of sauce. Repeat two more times. End with sauce. Add a handful of cheese to the top.
- Cook for 4 hours on low heat.
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021