I love simple recipes. Bubble pizza casserole is one of my family’s favorite recipes. However, with all the running around we do in the evenings, I can’t always get the casserole in the oven thirty minutes before we want to eat. I decided I need to figure out how to make more casseroles in my casserole crock pot. After three hours this crock pot bubble up pizza casserole was a cheesy goodness filled with our favorite pizza toppings. It is the perfect way to make a weeknight meal when you can’t be home to put the casserole in the oven.
Bubble Up Pizza Casserole Ingredients
The ingredients for the crock pot bubble up pizza casserole are very similar to the oven-baked bubble pizza casserole.
We always butcher one of our 4-H pigs for freezer pork. We have ground pork just like we have ground beef. This is what I used for this recipe and added a tablespoon of Penzys Italian Sausage seasoning to the meat as I cook it. You can buy the Italian sausage in the fresh meat area or by the bratwursts a lot of times.
The other ingredients besides sausage for the crock pot bubble up pizza are:
- Spaghetti sauce
- Grands biscuits
- Mini Pepperoni
- Mozzarella cheese
- Regular Pepperoni
How to Make Casserole Crock Pot Bubble Up Pizza
Start by either browning the sausage in a skillet or in the microwave in the mircrocooker. When the sausage is cooked, combine with the quartered biscuits, spaghetti sauce, and the mini pepperonis. Stir to combine. I also use Penzeys pizza seasoning in the combination. If you are fine with your spaghetti sauce, you can omit this.
Pour into a greased casserole crock pot. I make sure the bottom and up the sides are fully coated in my spray grease. I then spread out evenly in the pan.
If you want this to cook for three hours, set the crock pot to low. If you just need it to cook for two hours, set the crock pot to high. Once it is poured on top off with shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese.
Right when I get home or before serving I add pepperonis to the top and pop the crock out of the base and place it in the oven under the broiler to the crisp them up. I love crispy pepperoni. This s not necessary by any means! But I sure love doing this.
If your family loves pizza this will be a crock pot casserole recipe you will want to make soon! It was amazing.
Feel free to change up the “toppings” or fillings with whatever you like on your pizza. There is complete flexibility here. I would definitely not be afraid to do pineapple or even a chicken bacon ranch version.
Easy Pizza Recipes
Crock Pot Bubble Up Pizza Casserole
- Casserole Crock Pot
- 1 pound ground Italian pork sausage
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni
- 1 tube refrigerator large biscuits, 8 count
- 1 jar 28-ounce spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- 15 slices regular size pepperoni
- Brown ground pork. If not Italian seasoned, add Italian sausage seasoning during cooking.
- Quarter the raw refrigerator biscuits and add them to a large bowl.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, mini pepperonis, and cooked sausage to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a greased casserole crock pot. Spread out evenly and top with cheese.
- Cook on low heat for three hours or high heat for two hours.
- After cooked top with regular size pepperonis. Crisp up under the broiler in the oven by taking the crock pot out of the base.
Check out the weekend potluck!
- Roast Beef Hawaiian Roll Sliders – Sandy’s Sandwiches - October 10, 2020
- Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Honey - September 30, 2020
- English Muffin Egg Cups – Individual Breakfast Casseroles - September 27, 2020