My family lives on anything made with Hawaiian Rolls. They are perfect for the handheld sandwich that needs to be eaten on the go. My ham sandwiches on Hawaiian Rolls are always a crowd favorite, but it is hard to make them when I am away from home. Not any longer. Crock Pot Hawaiian Ham Sandwiches have no made it possible for me to make these yummy ham sliders for a tailgate, cattle show, or barn meal as long as I have my casserole crock pot. If you don’t have a casserole crock pot yet, it is time to get one.
Crock pot Hawaiian roll ham sandwiches are the same warm buttery mustard ham sandwich recipe made with onions, poppy seeds, and Swiss cheese just from the casserole crock pot instead of the oven. If you are going to be making this meal away from home, make the buttery mustard and onion sauce ahead of time or the entire sandwich in advance and then heat them up at the game, fair, or meet.
Crock Pot Hawaiian Roll Ham Sandwiches Ingredients
The crock pot version of these Hawaiian roll ham sandwiches is exactly the same recipe as the original oven-baked version plus a little bit more butter. You will need a package of 12 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, a pound of thinly sliced ham, swiss cheese, butter, onions, mustard, and poppy seeds to make these ham sandwiches.
Start by making the butter and onion sauce on the stove. While the onions are cooking in the butter, put a tablespoon of butter in the bottom of the casserole crock pot and start to the heat on high. Then when the onions are translucent in the butter add the mustard and poppy seeds. Set aside while you cut the rolls in half. Place the bottom half in the melted butter in the crock pot.
Then layer the buttery onion sauce on the bottom rolls followed by the ham, cheese, and buttery onion sauce again. Finally, top the ham and cheese with the roll tops. Use any leftover onion butter sauce to spread over the top of the buns.
Crock Pot Hawaiian Roll Ham Sandwiches
- Casserole Crock Pot
- 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 large onion, minced
- 9 tablespoons real butter
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 pound shaved ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- Turn the casserole crock pot on high and put a tablespoon of butter in the crock pot melt.
- Melt the remaining eight tablespoons of butter in a small skillet. Once butter is melted, add onions to the pan.
- When onions begin to become translucent, add mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and poppy seeds into onions and butter. Simmer for two to three minutes.
- Remove rolls from the package, keeping them all connected and cut the rolls in half lengthwise. Place the bottoms in the melted butter in the bottom of the casserole crock pot.
- Spread 1/2 of the butter and onion mixture across rolls bottoms followed by the ham and then the cheese. Add half of the remaining sauce to the top of the cheese.
- Top with the tops of the roll and spread the remaining butter and onion mixture over the top of the rolls. Cover the crock pot.
- Slow cook on high for an hour or low for two hours or until hot in the melted and cheese is melted.
- Switch to keep warm for serving.
- Roast Beef Hawaiian Roll Sliders – Sandy’s Sandwiches - October 10, 2020
- Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Honey - September 30, 2020
- English Muffin Egg Cups – Individual Breakfast Casseroles - September 27, 2020