Ground beef stroganoff is a quick weeknight meal that uses ground beef combined with onions, mushrooms, cream of mushroom, and sour cream then served over noodles and rice. This recipe is like a homemade version of hamburger helper, maybe even easier. My IRL friend over at FenceRow to FenceRow made beef stroganoff a while back. It sounded so yummy,
How to Make Ground Beef Stroganoff
I started with the leftover browned meat and onion I had made an extra pound of for the crock pot lasagna. If you don't have leftover ground beef, start by browning the hamburger with Worcestershire sauce and two teaspoons of steak and chop seasoning.
Dice up a whole onion, and put half the diced onion into the skillet with the ground beef. Then tossed in four ounces of mushrooms. Canned mushrooms will work just fine or sliced up fresh mushrooms.
Start the noodles cooking in a pot of boiling water as well.
When the ground beef is completely cooked, drain the excess grease off the meat. Return the hamburger back to the skillet. Add the remaining onions.
Then start making the stroganoff sauce. Stir in a can of mushroom soup.
Follow up the cream of mushroom soup by stirring in about a cup of sour cream.
If you need, add salt and pepper to your taste likings.
This is an easy weeknight dinner that we definitely don't make enough.
Ground Beef Recipes
Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup - Taco Hamburger and Rice Soup
Cheeseburger Macaroni - Homemade Hamburger Helper
Air Fryer Mini Beef Tacos in the Ninja Foodi
Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons steak and chop seasoning
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 16 ounces large egg noodles
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the hamburger with half the diced onions, mushrooms, steak and chop seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
- After the beef is completely cooked and crumbled, drain any extra grease. Return to skillet and stir in the other half of the cream of mushroom soup and sour cream.
- Serve the ground beef stroganoff over the cooked egg noodles.
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin andPotatoes - May 30, 2023
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
hmmm Looking good!
Sure bastiaan would like it!
The Wife of a Dairyman
I have never made beef stroganoff! Your version looks really easy and something the family would love:)
this looks great! i love beef stroganoff but have never made it... 🙁
i'm also hosting a blog hop called mangia mondays & i would love if you joined!
Thanks for hosting, as always.
So glad you liked it! You know me, it's a dump and go sort of recipe. And for us crazy, busy moms...it's perfect for a night when the kids are starving and we have no idea what's for dinner!
Hunk of meat mondays?? thats the coolest thing Ive seen 🙂 Maybe I will post my dinner after I make it tonight!
Looks good and super quick!
I thought we would have a feature on seafood of some kind this week 😉 Yummy!
Life Goes On
Sounds easy and tasty. I like beef gravy in my stroganoff. Take a peek at my recipe that my hubby makes using left over pot roast. It is on the side of my blog. Thanks for the linky
I love beef stroganoff! It's such a comfort food. Put it over some egg noodles like the ones in your picture, and I'm in heaven. =)
Thank you thank you thank you!
My Mother-in-Law makes beef stroganoff that has to be either dead on or pretty similar to this one - and she has been too busy to dig out her recipes for me!