Slow Cooker Thai Chicken:
Slow Cooker Thai Chicken served with rice noodles or rice offers the peanut and cilantro flavors of pad thai with a hint of heat to your liking straight out of the crock pot. So, despite the fact that my husband hates Asian flavored food, I occasionally make it just to introduce the kids to a variety of flavors. This week, I tried my hand at a slow cooker Thai Chicken. Hubby didn’t make it home to enjoy. However, Princess loved it. Boo refused to eat it. Sheldon, our beloved Beagle, ate up what was left on Princess’s plate when she ran to the bathroom. Guess he loves Thai too!! That silly dog.
Best of all, this was a slow cooker meal. Start with some boneless, skinless chicken thighs. My new chicken love. I don’t really like white meat. Flavorless. Might as well eat tofu. Well, not really. But I am so thankful for the boneless, skinless thighs for easier use of dark meat.
I grab some not so ordinary ingredients to pair up with my thighs, plus some soy sauce.
Mix the can of coconut milk with one tablespoon of red curry paste, two tablespoons of peanut butter, a teaspoon of grated ginger and a tablespoon of soy sauce.
Slice up the green pepper, or whatever color of pepper you have handy, and cut up the chicken into bite size pieces. Layer the peppers and then the chicken and then pour your sauce over top.
Cook until chicken is completely cooked. Five to six hours on low or three to four hours on high heat in the crock pot.
Twenty minutes before eating time, cut up one head of broccoli crowns and stir into the chicken. The peppers and broccoli give this Slow Cooker Thai Chicken a great texture.
At the same time, grab some rice noodles and get them soaking in hot water. I used a half of a package.
Then mix the drained noodles into the chicken and broccoli and squeeze juice from one lime over top.
Garnish with green onions and cilantro. Heck, garnish with a few red pepper flakes too.
If you like it a bit spicier feel free to add red pepper flakes to the crock pot while you are cooking the chicken too. Remember, a little will go a long way! A little heat will take this Slow Cooker Thai Chicken to the next level!
Slow Cooker Thai Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- ½ pound rice noodles
- 1 head of broccoli
- Juice of 1 lime
- Green onions and cilantro for garnish
- In a slow cooker, layer green peppers, chicken, and then coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, curry paste, and ginger (mixed). Add red pepper flakes if you like a little spice in your Thai.
- Cook covered 5-6 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high, till chicken is cooked.
- Twenty minutes before serving, stir in broccoli crowns from one head of broccoli and soak the rice noodles in hot water.
- After 20 minutes, stir drained noodles into crock pot. Juice one lime over mixture, stir and serve with green onion and cilantro.
What's cooking in your world? Link up your meaty recipes. Visit some of the great recipes that others are sharing and be sure you grab the button to put somewhere on your blog so others know where you linked up to.
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021