Instant Pot Buffalo Wings are a quick buffalo wings recipe yet fall off the bone tenderness all while being drenched in an easy buffalo sauce. I have been in a dating relationship with my Instant Pot since June. I've really gotten serious with my pot though and can firmly say, I am becoming a "pot" head. I know my mom is proud. These Instant Pot Buffalo Wings are one of the recipes that put me securely in that category.
The ingredients for these chicken wings are simple, easy to find ingredients. The wings marinade in a homemade buttermilk ranch dressing. I combine buttermilk, or in my case heavy whipping cream and vinegar, and ranch dressing seasoning.
- Chicken Wings
- Buttermilk or Milk and Vinegar
- Ranch Dressing
- Hot Sauce
How to Make Instant Pot Buffalo Wings
In a large gallon Ziploc bag, dump the wings and the buttermilk ranch combination. Give the bag a shake and let sit for 30 minutes. Prepare the Instant Pot for the wings.
Turn your Instant Pot on the saute setting and let it start warming up. After the wings have sat for 30 minutes, dump them into the pot and let saute till the buttermilk is bubbling.
Put the lid on the Instant Pot making sure the vent is on sealed, switch the Instant Pot off and then to manual for 12 minutes. My wings were partially frozen so it still took about 15-20 minutes to pressurize. Once the Instant Pot runs out of time and switches to warm, do a quick release on the Instant Pot.
While the wings were cooking, I went ahead and started on my super simple sauce made with a stick of butter and a bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce.
Scoop the wings out of the Instant Pot and place on a jelly roll pan for a quick broil in the oven.
I served our Instant Pot Buffalo Wings with celery and ranch dressing. You can serve yours with whatever you like to eat with buffalo chicken wings. And when I say I served them with ranch, I mean we drenched our wings in ranch.
Buffalo Chicken Recipes
Instant Pot Buffalo Wings
- Instant Pot
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 1 cup buttermilk make your own with cream and vinegar too
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1 bottle Frank's Hot Sauce, 12-ounce bottle
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- Make the chicken wing marinade. Combine the buttermilk and ranch seasoning together. Put the wings in a gallon Ziploc bag and then pour the buttermilk ranch over top of the chicken wings. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat up the Instnat Pot. While the chicken is marinading, get the Instant Pot turned on and beginning to get hot on the saute setting. Dump the chicken and buttermilk into the Instant Pot and remain on saute till the liquid begins to bubble.
- Cook the wings. Place the Instant Pot lid on the pot making sure the vent is turned to sealed and switch the setting to off. Then put the Instant Pot to manual for 12 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the melted butter and Frank's Hot Sauce to complete incorporate with each other. Also, turn the broiler in your oven on high.
- When the Instant Pot click to warm after the time expires, do a quick release with the vent.
- Crisp up the chicken wings. Once the venting process is complete, remove the lid and scoop the wings from the Instant Pot to a jelly roll pan. Generously cover in the buffalo sauce you previously made.
- Place under the broiler for about 10 minutes or the wings take on the crispy texture you desire. Turn the pan occasionally and turn the wings over after five minutes.
- Serve with celery and ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping.