These pretty little crispy zucchini fritters are the tenth and final recipe out of the Gooseberry Patch Farmers’ Market Favorites Cookbook in the Real Farmwives in the kitchen project. And boy did we end with a great recipe!
Crispy Zucchini Fritters
Then I got my helper cracking eggs. Two eggs, some salt, and pepper were whisked together.
We stirred in the zucchini and 1/2 cup of flour.
And then we went off the recipe. Yep, that is grated Parmesan cheese. I dumped about 1/2 cup into the mixture.
Stir it all together.
Then add some EVOO to a skillet and warm up and spoon the mixture into the pan. Let fry on each side for about 2 minutes.
I then, of course, garnished with more Parmesan cheese. The kids and hubs dipped the fritters into ranch dressing. But they dip everything in ranch dressing, so I am not sure it was necessary.
Save the Crispy Zucchini Fritters for Later
- 4 cups of shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup of flour
- ½ cup of Shredded parmesan cheese
- oil for frying
- Toss the zucchini with ½ teaspoon salt and put in a colander and let stand and drain for 10 minutes by pressing out as much liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper until completely mixed.
- Stir in the zucchini and then combine the flour and parmesan into the mixture.
- Pour oil to cover a non-stick skillet and heat up over medium-high heat.
- Drop batter by the spoonful into the hot oil and flatten down with the back of the spoon.
- Fry for two minutes on each side.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Gooseberry Patch gave me the Farmers’ Market Favorites cookbook free of charge. After I prepare 10 recipes I will have a free cookbook to give away to one of my readers.