Crispy zucchini fritters are a simple recipe to use zucchini in a pan-fried fritter that even people who aren't vegetable lovers will eat. Put some ranch on the side to dip these zucchini fritters in and everyone will love this finger food. By the time August rolls around, we are in the heart of the zucchini season. While I love my fabulous zucchini brownies, I love making these crispy zucchini fritters too.
How to Make Zucchini Fritters
We stirred in the zucchini and ½ cup of flour.
And then we went off the recipe. Yep, that is grated Parmesan cheese. I dumped about ½ cup into the mixture.
Then add some EVOO to a skillet and warm up and spoon the mixture into the pan. Let fry on each side for about 2 minutes.
I then, of course, garnished with more Parmesan cheese. The kids and hubs dipped the fritters into ranch dressing. But they dip everything in ranch dressing, so I am not sure it was necessary.
Crispy Zucchini Fritters
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- ⅓ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ oil
- Toss the zucchini with ½ teaspoon salt and put in a colander and let stand and drain for 10 minutes by pressing out as much liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper until completely mixed.
- Stir in the zucchini and then combine the flour and parmesan into the mixture.
- Pour oil to cover a non-stick skillet and heat up over medium-high heat.
- Drop batter by the spoonful into the hot oil and flatten down with the back of the spoon.
- Fry for two minutes on each side.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Gooseberry Patch gave me the Farmers' Market Favorites cookbook free of charge. After I prepare 10 recipes I will have a free cookbook to give away to one of my readers.
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021