As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a serious chip and salsa problem. I can be watching what I am eating and doing well at eating healthy, fresh, low carb foods. Then it happens. The family wants to eat at Chili’s or the local Mexican restaurant. And the chips and salsa show up in front of me and I lose all self-control. Have you been there? Please tell me I am not alone. Now, I have conquered my own easy salsa – restaurant style recipe at home.
The farm store by us, Rural King, sells the most amazing tortilla chips. Do you know the thin and super crispy ones that Chili’s has with their salsa? Yep, the farm store has them too. As if we need another reason to go to Rural King. I buy them three pounds at a time…Literally, I buy my chips at the farm store.
Calf Feed. Check.
Tortilla Chips. Check.
I am my own worst enemy. Truly. Why on earth would anybody buy three pounds of tortilla chips at a time? It is like God is telling me to make a big old bowl of salsa and just devour it one chip full at a time.
Easy Salsa – Restaurant Style Salsa
Back to this super easy salsa recipe. Start by putting a quarter of an onion and a tablespoon of jarred jalapeños into the food processor.
Pulse it a few times to get it all chopped up.
And technically health food.
- 1 can Rotel 10 ounces can of tomatoes and chilies
- 1 can Diced tomatoes 14.5-ounce can
- 1 tablespoon Jarred Jalapenos
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or two garlic gloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Place the onion and jalapenos into a food processor and pulse till finely chopped.
- Pour in tomatoes and seasoning and pulse till everything is mixed together.
- Cheesy Shepherd’s Pie – Mashed Potato Ground Beef Casserole - February 22, 2020
- Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup – Taco Hamburger and Rice Soup - February 9, 2020
- Whiskey Dogs – Lit’l Smokies Appetizer - February 8, 2020