Butterscotch Snack Mix is the candy coated chex mix Chex and Cheerio cereal, peanuts, and candy covered in butterscotch and peanut butter. I must admit the butterscotch snack mix was inspired by my friend, Megan, over at Gal in the Middle. She makes the most addicting White Chocolate Snack Mix AKA White Trash. I was SURE I had the ingredients when at 10 pm one night I remembered I needed a snack for the next day. Well, I didn't, so I improvised and created this Butterscotch snack mix.
Butterscotch Peanut Butter Chex Mix Ingredients
I didn't have pretzels but did have chow mein noodles. Which made me think of haystacks. For anyone who took Microwaving in 4-H back in Illinois, you know what I am talking about. So, I thought I could make the butterscotch flavors work for this snack mix.
How to Make Butterscotch Snack Mix
Then pour the melted chocolate/butterscotch over the cereal mixture and stir to cover completely.
Then pour the M&Ms into the mix. This way the candy-coated shell will not melt off.
Pour the mixture out over a parchment lined counter to cool and harden up.
Butterscotch Snack Mix
- 3 cups of corn and rice Chex each
- 3 cups of Cheerios
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 2 cups of peanuts
- 2 cups of M&Ms
- 12 ounces of butterscotch chips
- 12 ounces of white chocolate chips
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- Mix the three types of cereals, chow mein noodles, and peanuts together.
- Melt the two different types of chips together in the microwave by heating for 30 seconds at a time, stirring till completely melted after each 30 seconds of heating time.
- Stir peanut butter into melted chips.
- Pour over dry ingredient mixture and coat completely.
- Stir in M&Ms.
- Dump on wax paper and let cool and harden. Break into multiple pieces and store in bags or airtight containers.